Fennec sync does not connect account (when addon still exists)

NEW
Unassigned

Status

Fennec Graveyard
General
8 years ago
7 years ago

People

(Reporter: tchung, Unassigned)

Tracking

Details

(Reporter)

Description

8 years ago
I am unable to connect my sync account using integrated fennec sync.

Repro:
1) install nightly trunk build: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux armv71; en-US; rv:2.0b2pre) Gecko/20100701 Namoroka/4.0b2pre Fennec/2.0a1pre
2) go to prefs, and log in with a valid sync account 
3) click Connect
4) Verify nothing happens

Expected:
- Connect button connects to sync

Actual:
- button does nothing
(Reporter)

Comment 1

8 years ago
looks like i still had Sync 1.3.1 addon installed, and that broke it.  uninstalling the extension will bring fennec sync functionality back.   until we fix the extension/integrated sync coexisting issue, i'll resolve this bug then.
Summary: Fennec sync does not connect account → Fennec sync does not connect account (when addon still exists)
(Reporter)

Updated

8 years ago
tracking-fennec: ? → ---
I have no add-ons installed, and I have the same behavior: nothing happens when I click Connect.
(Reporter)

Comment 3

7 years ago
erik, can you specify your build and device you're using?
I'm running Maemo 1.2 on an N900, Fennec 2.0a1.
FWIW, the same was true as of the 8/23 nightly.
(In reply to comment #2)
> I have no add-ons installed, and I have the same behavior: nothing happens when
> I click Connect.

Any unusual messages in about:sync-log?
(Reporter)

Comment 7

7 years ago
is there anyone else that reproduces this without the sync extension installed?   Please try in the latest nightly, and we can triage for blocking if its reproducible.
Downloaded the 9/19 nightly and saw the same behavior: after typing in my credentials, hitting Connect did nothing. Perhaps, though, I was too hasty: after a trip to about:sync-log (in which something to the effect of "no username entered" was the most informative message), I returned to the Sync config panel, clicked Connect again, and got a lovely error message to its left almost immediately. (Hooray!) I re-entered my credentials, clicked Connect, and it looked to connect successfully, printing "Last Update: in progress...". Several minutes thereafter, still watching that message, I grew impatient and clicked the (enabled) Sync Now button. It immediately became disabled, but nothing else changed. A minutes or two after that, I got an error: "Warning: Unresponsive Script." The script it referenced was resource://services-sync/util.js:837. (That felt kind of unpolished.) I chose to let it continue, and it finally completed, reporting "Last Update: Sun 21:52" to the left of the Sync Now button. Phew! Everything appears to be syncing correctly now.
FWIW, it's not a good idea to have an *older* version of the add-on installed on a nightly that already supports Sync.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.