Links will not work in emails

RESOLVED INVALID

Status

RESOLVED INVALID
8 years ago
8 years ago

People

(Reporter: Tbraceland, Unassigned)

Tracking

x86_64
Windows 7

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

8 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.4) Gecko/20100608 Thunderbird/3.1

Noticed this last night first time. Any link in an email I click does nothing. I updated Thunderbird tonight. No joy. I tried all the 'fixes' I found regarding default browsers and ensuring Firefox was my default. No joy. Links work fine when I click them directly in Gmail, but not Thunderbird. 
Firefox V 3.3.6  
I have not recently installed any additional software and windows has not done any auto updates recently. 

Reproducible: Always




Any help is appreciated, as this problem renders Thunderbird useless for me in it's present state.
(Reporter)

Updated

8 years ago
Version: unspecified → 3.1
Do you have any addon installed in TB and do you tried it without those addons ?
(Reporter)

Comment 2

8 years ago
There are no addons, just Basic TB. I have not tried uninstall - reinstall yet, I might do that tonight to see what happens. Think that will fix anything?
(Reporter)

Comment 3

8 years ago
Matthias,
I uninstalled and reinstalled TB, but no joy on the links issue. I can drag the link in the email into Firefox and it will open, but will not open by just clicking the link.
(Reporter)

Comment 4

8 years ago
I resolved this problem inadvertently. However the solution may be of value for others. I use a shareware called AZZ Cardfile to store stuff. I was attempting to put my login info for bugzilla in it and I got an error opening it. I had a bad or corrupted oleacc.dll file. Never seen that before. So I found a solution for that (listed below) That fixed the Cardfile program and then I thought maybe it had something to do with the TB link problem.  Lo and behold.... the problem is now fixed! Who knew?

The oleacc.dll is a system file and is associated with the Accessibility component in Control panel.
If this file has been corrupted, you should be able to fix it using the built-in System File Checker (SFC). Perform the following.

First, exit all running programs.
Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories.
Right click the Command Prompt item and select the Run As Administrator option.
If you see a UAC prompt, click Continue.
In the Command Prompt window, type the following, exactly as shown.
SFC /SCANNOW
Press the Enter key.

This utility will scan and repair any corrupted system files. It may take it a while to complete, so be patient.

Thank You for using Windows 7
Ronnie Vernon MVP
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7files/thread/e99559de-74d9-40fb-bf21-17b89a934deb
Roland, Jen comment #4 might be useful for a kb article.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.