User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; de; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; de; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) After loading the headers of the above mentioned page the loading of the rest of the page seems to stop. The status bar on the bottom says: Connecting to 18.104.22.168...The green bar on the right is 90%full. Then it takes about 20 seconds until the rest of the page is displayed and the green bar goes to 100%. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.Just reload the page the same happens again 2. 3. Actual Results: Takes a long time for the page to load Expected Results: Should load much faster, as it does e.g. in Internet explorer I already reinstalled the software, and reinstalled java. Then it worked as long as I didn't close firefox After closing and reopening things are aagin very slow.
For me, it takes only 6 seconds to load the page (history and cache have been emptied before). Try to start FF in safe mode : http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode Then check if it is still slow
Cleaned Chache and history. Still the sme problem. Started in safe mode: still the same problem. The problem is also there with other sites having advertisements. So, I do not think that this is a siteproblem.
Here is a list of possible causes : + proxy + firewall + anti-virus + anti-malware Try to isolate it.
Tried several Proxy settings: didn't help disabled the windows firewall: didn't help I use AVG Anti-Virus, which cannot easily be disabled There is no other software, like anti-malware running Since it worked before, there must be something else: I disabled Java-script: that helps I am running Java-platform SE6 U21 22.214.171.124
Possible causes (follow up) : * corrupted profile: Try with a new profile: http://support.mozilla.com/de/kb/managing+profiles * installed java mess: Try to uninstall old version of java * wrong modified preferences: add the "about:support" page as an attachment of the bug
Hi, I have created a new profile: same problem deinstalled java and downloaded the newest version, reinstalled: problem still persists. about:support page added. regards, Bernhard
When does this issue first appear ? * Upgrade from 3.6.7 to 3.6.8 * new extension or plugins installation * extension or plugin update * change in proxy provider policy, server, ... * others
Hi, actually I didn't follow the appearance of the issue in time, so I cannot attach it with some update, extension or plugin. I updated to 3.6.9 but the issue is still there: connecting to 126.96.36.199... I use Firefox also on another computer running XP SP3. There I have the same issue. Regards,
I think this is internet provider issue or wrong proxy setting, but not a Firefox problem. May be an easy workaround could be to install adblock plus extension : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865/
The two computers are connected to the internet via different providers: one over vodafone dsl. The other via my working place at the university. I tested a new installation of firefox on my netbook, which didn't showed the issue. So I diasabled any plugins and addons in firefox, but the issue still persited. As you suggested I added the Adblock plus extension with german filter: Now the issue seems to be solved at my university account. I will also try later at my home account. Thanks and best regards
Ok, it also works at home. So, I think this issue is resolved. Thanks and best regards
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.