HTTP 400 Bad request on upload to Tomcat 6 server, running on localhost

VERIFIED INVALID

Status

()

Firefox
General
--
major
VERIFIED INVALID
8 years ago
8 years ago

People

(Reporter: Claudio Roberto França Pereira, Unassigned)

Tracking

3.6 Branch
x86_64
Linux
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

Attachments

(4 attachments)

(Reporter)

Description

8 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101027 Ubuntu/10.10 (maverick) Firefox/3.6.12
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101027 Ubuntu/10.10 (maverick) Firefox/3.6.12

I'm developing a java application on Eclipse, deploying locally and testing it with Firefox. I've built a form and when uploading some files, the tomcat server returns a HTTP 400 Bad Request error. I've messed around with the server for plenty of time, then tried uploading with Chromium and magically, it works.

I'll attach a copy of the source code for the form, a copy of the request and response from Firebug (the http 400 response) and the file I've tried uploading.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to localhost:8080/mywebsite
2. Fill in the form, and supply the "buggy" file.
3. Profit!
Actual Results:  
HTTP 400 Bad Request error.

Expected Results:  
The website, beautiful and colorful.
(Reporter)

Comment 1

8 years ago
Created attachment 491540 [details]
Request sent by Firefox and reported by Firebug (POST body messed, I think)
(Reporter)

Comment 2

8 years ago
Created attachment 491542 [details]
HTTP 400 response sent by my Tomcat server
(Reporter)

Comment 3

8 years ago
Created attachment 491546 [details]
File uploaded in the form, causing the error.
(Reporter)

Comment 4

8 years ago
Created attachment 491547 [details]
Website source with the buggy form.

Copied directly from the browser's view source window. If you need a cleaned version, just ask and I'll supply.
(Reporter)

Comment 5

8 years ago
Apparently, firefox reported the file mime-type correctly while chromium didn't, triggering another part of my application at server side, which caused the crash. Not a firefox problem at all. Sorry for wasting your time.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
Version: unspecified → 3.6 Branch

Comment 6

8 years ago
thanks for following up
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
(Reporter)

Comment 7

8 years ago
np
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.