NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS on getOwnPropertyDescriptor() call

VERIFIED WORKSFORME

Status

()

Firefox
General
--
major
VERIFIED WORKSFORME
8 years ago
6 years ago

People

(Reporter: Clint Priest, Unassigned)

Tracking

4.0 Branch
x86
Windows 7
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

8 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0b8) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b8
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0b8) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b8

uncaught exception: [Exception... "Could not convert JavaScript argument" nsresult: "0x80570009 (NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS)" location: "JS frame :: /code/test.php :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 4" data: no]

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
Execute the following JS code in FF 4.0b8:

Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(Element.prototype, "textContent");
Actual Results:  
uncaught exception: [Exception... "Could not convert JavaScript argument" nsresult: "0x80570009 (NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS)" location: "JS frame :: /code/test.php :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 4" data: no]

Expected Results:  
Should return a property descriptor object

Occurs in FF 4.0b8, getOwnPropertyDescriptor() was not previously available.

Updated

8 years ago
Duplicate of this bug: 622419
(Reporter)

Comment 2

8 years ago
Sorry about that duplicate, FF crashed when I submitted the first, a list "my requests" didn't show the first submission.
(Reporter)

Comment 3

7 years ago
Anyone able to confirm this bug?

Updated

7 years ago
Version: unspecified → 4.0 Branch
This bug was reported using a pre-release version of Firefox 4. Now that Firefox 4.0.1 final has been released, can you please update and retest your bug? A fresh profile would be a good starting place to test, 
http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Managing+profiles. If you continue to see the issue, can you please update this bug with your results?

Filter: firefox4prebugsunco
(Reporter)

Comment 5

7 years ago
I haven't run into this issue since this point and it doesn't look like anyone else has.  Reviewing what I had originally put, I'm not sure that getOwnPropertyDescriptor on an object's prototype would even be legal, I've no idea what I was trying to do when I came across this bug.  Going to close it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 7 years ago
Resolution: --- → WONTFIX

Updated

7 years ago
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Resolution: WONTFIX → WORKSFORME

Comment 6

6 years ago
sigh. still happening to me. sometimes happened on googlemaps in FFox 10.something but recently upgraded to

Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0

and its happening even more now, esp on facebook, ebay, etc.

is there some external library not part of firefox that's relevant here? Im tracking debian sid.

not sure how to 'cause' it, just using facebook does it for me. willing to mess around to identify the cause. getting annoying, certainly.

Comment 7

6 years ago
specifically the error is (just hit it on a facebook page again, right after i clicked Reply to a priv message):

[Exception... "Could not convert JavaScript argument arg 0 [nsIDOMWindow.getComputedStyle]"  nsresult: "0x80570009 (NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://smouse/content/smouse.js :: sw_findNodeToScroll :: line 172"  data: no]
(In reply to K Chase from comment #7)
> chrome://smouse/content/smouse.js :: sw_findNodeToScroll :: line 172"  data:
> no]
That's caused by your installed add-on, and unrelated to this bug. (Blindly searching for NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS will not find a right bug.)

Comment 9

6 years ago
Thank you, I just realised that this evening with a bit more reading regarding the //smouse error. I have disabled some key addons and seeing if that solves it. 6 hrs in so good. Sorry for the noise.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.