link to bug query from tabular report has extra criteria causing all bugs to be reported.

RESOLVED WORKSFORME

Status

()

Bugzilla
Reporting/Charting
RESOLVED WORKSFORME
7 years ago
7 years ago

People

(Reporter: Nathan, Unassigned)

Tracking

Details

(Reporter)

Description

7 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091103 SUSE/3.5.5-1.1.2 Firefox/3.5.5 GTB7.1
Build Identifier: 3.6.0

When I create a tabular report and then drill into a sub group from the report, the sub report is showing all bugs for the report, not for the sub group.



Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
create a tabular report (our internal page is from http://web/bugzilla/query.cgi?format=report-table).  I have chosen assignee on the vertical axis, a version and then submit.  Then click on the link to the bugs assigned to any user.




Actual Results:  
This generates the desired report of bugs per assignee and a total, which looks fine, but the links to the detailed bug reports per user do not work properly.  The problem is that the links which should show the bugs for each assignee are showing all the bugs for everyone.

An example of the url from the link to a detailed bug report per assignee is being generated as:

http://web/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?action=wrap&bug_file_loc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_id=&bug_id_type=anyexact&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&deadlinefrom=&deadlineto=&email1=&email2=&emailassigned_to1=1&emailassigned_to2=1&emailcc2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailtype1=substring&emailtype2=substring&field0-0-0=noop&keywords=&keywords_type=allwords&longdesc=&longdesc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&version=7.0&=&assigned_to=n.stowe


Expected Results:  
The the url from the link to a detailed bug report per assignee should be as follows:  (note the =& was removed from just before "assigned_to")

http://web/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?action=wrap&bug_file_loc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_id=&bug_id_type=anyexact&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&deadlinefrom=&deadlineto=&email1=&email2=&emailassigned_to1=1&emailassigned_to2=1&emailcc2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailtype1=substring&emailtype2=substring&field0-0-0=noop&keywords=&keywords_type=allwords&longdesc=&longdesc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&version=7.0&assigned_to=n.stowe

I was not able to reproduce this using https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/query.cgi?format=report-table.  This test to mozilla.org was done a while back when 3.6 was the latest version.  We assumed that the issue had been corrected in 3.6 and we subsequently updated, but he issue persists with our local system.  

Thus I suspect that there must be something specific to our installation (custom field?).  But I do not know how to proceed.  Please let me know if there are additional logs/or test, etc that could help resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Comment 1

7 years ago
I also see the useless =& in Bugzilla 4.1, but this doesn't prevent the URL from working correctly, and return the expected result. I guess the problem is that the assigned_to field only contains a partial email address (n.stowe instead of your full email address). Are you logged out when creating this tabular report? If yes, then this bug is a duplicate of bug 517745.
(Reporter)

Comment 2

7 years ago
Thanks for looking.

I am indeed logged in.  Our login's (assignees) are entered without the domain and we use the the setting of "^[^@]+$" in the attribute emailregexp

I also tried postpending %40ourdomain.com to the url, and additionally changing emailtype1 and 2 to =exact, but this did not help.

However, I do not think that the above is the root cause for us.  The reporting worked a long time ago, we upgraded bugzilla and it quit working.  Unfortunately, I do not know the version which started the trouble for us.
(Reporter)

Comment 3

7 years ago
I also tried resetting emailregexp and emailsuffix while modifying my username to include the email suffix, but this did not help.

Updated

7 years ago
Keywords: qawanted
OS: Linux → All
Hardware: x86 → All
Version: unspecified → 3.6
(Reporter)

Comment 4

7 years ago
Sorry, the url was incorrectly generated by a web page that we wrote in house.  The correct url when directly accessed via bugzilla works as expected.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 7 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME

Updated

7 years ago
Keywords: qawanted
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.