Please report any other irregularities here.
##On Mizilla 0.6 When I accessed the page using frame. The page(over field) use 4 flames written in Japanese. On one frame, decode was missing, each time. Other flames are showed correctly. I checked that page with Mozilla/4.08(PPC,Nav) shows correctly.I can send screen shots to compare. Thanks for reading my bad English. Regards, Hiro
Reassign to shanjian. Looks like auto detection does not recognize that frame (as EUC-JP).
Assignee: nhotta → shanjian
Changed QA contact to firstname.lastname@example.org for now.
QA Contact: teruko → andreasb
The top page which introduces the frames has no meta charset tag. Having auto-detection for Japanese doesn't help much in initially deciding what the encoding is. Is auto-detection designed to apply to each frame separately currently? We need to make sure that it really applies to each frame separately. Otherwise, the results would depend so much on what the prior "current" encoding is.
Changing QA contact to email@example.com for now.
QA Contact: andreasb → ylong
I tried this with the latest build and could not see any problem. One of the frame is euc-jp, and that frame is displayed fine. That means we did applied autodetection to each frame individually.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 18 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
Shanjian: I tried it on 05-11 trunk build on all 3 platforms, seems Auto-detect doesn't detect this page well(onr of frame display garbled) with All, Asian and Japanese. I have to specified it as EUC-JP.
There are 2 child frames, one is with x-jis meta-tag and another is EUC-JP without meta-tag. Base on this, it works fine on 05-17 Mac trunk build. Mark it as verified.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.