Update Firefox 4 Features Page for RC

VERIFIED FIXED in 1.4

Status

www.mozilla.org
General
P1
critical
VERIFIED FIXED
7 years ago
5 years ago

People

(Reporter: grace, Assigned: jlongster)

Tracking

unspecified
Dependency tree / graph

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Whiteboard: [FxRC], URL)

Attachments

(7 attachments)

(Reporter)

Description

7 years ago
This page needs:
-updated logo 
-updated copy
- change URL to: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/RC/features/

Will upload materials as available.
(Reporter)

Updated

7 years ago
Blocks: 627056
Depends on: 627493
Created attachment 506405 [details]
RC Logo

Please update this page with attached logo.
Depends on: 625165
(Reporter)

Comment 2

7 years ago
Created attachment 510958 [details]
RC Update- Features Page

-not much copy change (firefox 4 rather than firefox 4 beta)
-changes captured in red
-new firefox 4 rc logo

Updated

7 years ago
Whiteboard: [FxRC]
Target Milestone: --- → 1.3
Assignee: nobody → anthony
(Assignee)

Updated

7 years ago
Target Milestone: 1.3 → 1.4
I think we should also update a bunch of screenshots.

For the main interface, the Home button has moved to the right and Panorama is not included by default. I'm not sure but maybe the Feedback button won't be in the RC.

For the addons manager, the URL bar is hidden.

For the new performance graph, bug 627493 already updated it, should we use http://www-trunk.stage.mozilla.com/img/firefox/beta/4/perf-graph.png or the one in attachment 510958 [details] ?
Target Milestone: 1.4 → 1.3
Created attachment 514018 [details]
Tabs on Top
Created attachment 514021 [details]
Add Ons manager
Created attachment 514022 [details]
switch to tab
Created attachment 514023 [details]
App Tabs
(In reply to comment #3)
> I think we should also update a bunch of screenshots.
> 
> For the main interface, the Home button has moved to the right and Panorama is
> not included by default. I'm not sure but maybe the Feedback button won't be in
> the RC.

Attachments should help.
> 
> For the addons manager, the URL bar is hidden.
Attachments should help.
> 
> For the new performance graph, bug 627493 already updated it, should we use
> http://www-trunk.stage.mozilla.com/img/firefox/beta/4/perf-graph.png or the one
> in attachment 510958 [details] ?

Yes please!
Thanks Laura. Those attachments are helpful but we need a whole bunch of them for Windows, Linux and Mac. Also, I'm not sure we want to showcase the "Google update 1.2" plugin :)

> Yes please!
As an answer of a "A or B" question, I can't decide which one you want.
(In reply to comment #9)
> Thanks Laura. Those attachments are helpful but we need a whole bunch of them
> for Windows, Linux and Mac. Also, I'm not sure we want to showcase the "Google
> update 1.2" plugin :)

Windows is the P1--Mac and Linux screenshots are a P2. I will file a bug.
> 
> > Yes please!
> As an answer of a "A or B" question, I can't decide which one you want.

The one in http://www-trunk.stage.mozilla.com/img/firefox/beta/4/perf-graph.png
Depends on: 635767
(Assignee)

Comment 11

7 years ago
Rik, I'm not sure why this was moved back into the 1.3 milestone because 1.3 is going out today, and this isn't done and RC changes aren't going out yet.
(Assignee)

Comment 12

7 years ago
Moving to 1.4 until I can talk to Rik about this. Pushing all of 1.3 out today though.
Target Milestone: 1.3 → 1.4
(In reply to comment #11)
> Rik, I'm not sure why this was moved back into the 1.3 milestone because 1.3 is
> going out today, and this isn't done and RC changes aren't going out yet.

Sorry, this page might have been opened for a while and the select button still on 1.3.
Bug 635767 is complete--

please use these screenshots to resolve comment 9.
(Reporter)

Comment 15

7 years ago
-still waiting for new screenshots - 
- take out sync, panorama videos, will be replaced by new sync screenshot, panorama screenshot under the features spotlight section
The new UI video is obsolete; should be removed.
(Assignee)

Updated

7 years ago
Assignee: anthony → jlong
(Assignee)

Comment 17

7 years ago
Laura, bug 635767 is not complete. There is no set of images for windows with the arrows.
(Assignee)

Updated

7 years ago
Priority: -- → P1
(Assignee)

Updated

7 years ago
Severity: normal → critical
Looks like we have all our screenshots and everything else has been complete. James, I'll leave you to confirm.
Keywords: qawanted
(Assignee)

Comment 19

7 years ago
commit r84363 to trunk

The sync/panorama videos still needed to be removed. resolved & qawanted.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 7 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Created attachment 517772 [details]
screenshot

broken in IE6
Keywords: qawanted
(Assignee)

Updated

7 years ago
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
(Assignee)

Comment 21

7 years ago
committed r84370 on trunk to fix ie6 issue
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 7 years ago7 years ago
Keywords: qawanted
Resolution: --- → FIXED
qa-verified-trunk http://www-trunk.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/RC/features/
Keywords: qawanted
(Assignee)

Comment 23

7 years ago
pushed to staging r84450
(Assignee)

Comment 24

7 years ago
fixed header (beta -> RC) on trunk r84475
(Assignee)

Comment 25

7 years ago
pushed to staging r84477
verified fixed http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/RC/features/
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Component: www.mozilla.org/firefox → www.mozilla.org
Product: Websites → Websites
Component: www.mozilla.org → General
Product: Websites → www.mozilla.org
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.