If you think a bug might affect users in the 57 release, please set the correct tracking and status flags for Release Management.

Twitter string untranslated in Spanish

VERIFIED FIXED in 1.0

Status

Websites
spark.mozilla.org
--
major
VERIFIED FIXED
7 years ago
7 years ago

People

(Reporter: Nukeador, Unassigned)

Tracking

unspecified

Details

(URL)

Attachments

(1 attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

7 years ago
Although we have the Spanish translation 100% completed and updated days ago, twitter message present at:

https://spark.mozilla.org/es/home

Is displayed in English.

This is the string at Verbatim:

https://localize.mozilla.org/es/spark/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po/translate/?search=Hey!+Help+me+spread+Firefox+4+for+Android+across+the+globe.+Check+out+my+Spark+and+join+the+fun&sfields=source&sfields=target

Any ideas where the problem is? It's a big problem if this message is displayed to users in English when they want to share it via twitter.
That string is too long. It has 109 characters and should be 98. Anyway, the problem is there.
"¡Ey! Ayúdame a difundir Firefox 4 para Android por el mundo. Mira mi chispa y ¡diviértete!" what do you think?
(Reporter)

Comment 3

7 years ago
Ok, change it and commit to svn, I don't know if that's the problem. Let's pray to be included in production site before tomorrow.
Thanks for catching this.  I'll see what I can do to push this change to production.
(Reporter)

Comment 5

7 years ago
It seems it's in Spanish at stage server and the string it's using is:

https://localize.mozilla.org/es/spark/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po/translate/?search=%C2%A1Eh!+Ayuda+a+difundir+Firefox+4+para+Android+por+todo+el+mundo&sfields=source&sfields=target

Let wait till production site reflects the change and the close this bug.
The translation should be live & visible on production now.  Yay!
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 7 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Verified. Thanks Stas!
Well, thanks for catching that it was in English.

To give you some context, I merged new strings on Verbatim on Friday and for some reason, Spanish, Catalan and Polish did not get the new version of this string (which uses "and" in place of "&").  So your PO file still had the old version which didn't match the English original.

I fixed the PO file keeping the transaltion the same, just in time for the push to production :)
Created attachment 522669 [details]
Post-fix screenshot
Verified FIXED; thanks, Staś.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Target Milestone: --- → 1.0
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.