Closed Bug 647936 Opened 9 years ago Closed 9 years ago

Update SeaMonkey website for 2.1b3 release

Categories

(SeaMonkey :: Release Engineering, defect)

defect
Not set

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED FIXED
seamonkey2.1b3

People

(Reporter: Callek, Assigned: InvisibleSmiley)

References

Details

Attachments

(1 file)

+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #634160 +++

It also might be a good idea if a website person would support the release driver on release day to get this done.

For making the SeaMonkey 2.1b3 public, we'll need to update the website.

This can happen once mirror saturation is good enough, though it's usually a good idea to also have final_verification run and OK before going public on the website.

We can certainly locally prepare this work prior to the "Go" for release. I am filing now so that the prep work can happen, its not a "we need this at this very second" bug.
Assignee: nobody → jh
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Summary: Update SeaMonkey website for 2.1b32 release → Update SeaMonkey website for 2.1b3 release
Following steps done:

* > cp -a src/releases/index.en.html src/releases/2.1b3.en.html
* Edit src/releases/2.1b3en.html:
  - Copy everything from start to <div class="key-point"> from 2.1b2en.html,
    replacing the value of the smversion var on top
    and the <p class="release-date"> with the correct 2.1b3 values.
  - Remove commented out parts of <h2 id="contrib"> section
  - Remove the <h2><a name="[% betaversion %]">, <hr> and
    <div class="para" id="old"> at the bottom
  - Update locale build and langpack lists as appropriate for this release,
being sure the "odd"/"even" css classes cycle appropriately.
* Verify that diff to 2.1b2en.html is only what needs to be.
* > cvs add src/releases/2.1b3.en.html
* > cvs ci -m "add archive page for 2.1b3" src/releases/2.1b3.en.html

The above could be done any time during release preps, doesn't have to be
release day.
Attached patch patchSplinter Review
Callek: Please apply/push this when you're ready. The review request is just for you to notice.


The steps below can be *prepared* before release day but the checkin should
only be done once mirror saturation is good and final_verification is OK.

* Edit src/releases/index.en.html:
  - Update <p class="release-date"> to 2.1b3 release day in the betaversion
section
  - Add 2.1b2 to <div class="para" id="old"> list
* Edit src/releases/2.1b2.en.html:
  - Add note about being an outdated beta version
* Edit src/releases/seamonkey2.1b2/index.en.html:
  - Add note about being an outdated beta version
* Edit src/news.en.xml:
  - Create a new entry for the announcement (cf. relnotes/What's New)
  - Change showfront attribute of the last beta release to false so that only
    the newest beta release appears on the front page
* Edit src/download.jst
  - adapt the lines of changed locales (i.e. those that have been added/removed
    compared to b2) to use "[% betaversion %]" instead of "[% releaseversion %]"
    behind "betaversion:" based on shipped-locales
    NOTE: "tr" has directories on FTP but only empty files so it doesn't count!
* Edit lib/config.tmpl:
  - Update betaversion to 2.1b3
  - Update betaname to "SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3"
  - Update develversion to 2.1pre
    NOTE: cf. bug 647898
* Edit lib/sitemap.xml:
  - Copy and change the <page url="releases/index"> block so that 2.1b3 has
    its own one.

As I said, wait for being ready to really go public with the release before
checking those changes in, they are the actual push that makes it known to the
world and counts as "we released".
Attachment #524518 - Flags: review?(bugspam.Callek)
(In reply to comment #2)
> Callek: Please apply/push this when you're ready. The review request is just
> for you to notice.

Done thanks; got delayed due to Bugzilla Attachments being down.

> * Edit lib/config.tmpl:
>   - Update betaversion to 2.1b3
>   - Update betaname to "SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3"
>   - Update develversion to 2.1pre
>     NOTE: cf. bug 647898

This doesn't fix that bug.

Also of note, I *just* noticed that our index.* page in src/start/ points at latest-comm-1.9.1 :/

We'll want to update that.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 9 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Attachment #524518 - Flags: review?(bugspam.Callek) → review-
Attachment #524518 - Flags: review- → review+
(In reply to comment #3)
> >   - Update develversion to 2.1pre
> >     NOTE: cf. bug 647898
> 
> This doesn't fix that bug.

I know, didn't mean to imply that.

> Also of note, I *just* noticed that our index.* page in src/start/ points at
> latest-comm-1.9.1 :/
> 
> We'll want to update that.

Changed two occurrences to latest-comm-2.0 in each of:
start/index-test.en.html start/index.de.html start/index.en.html
Flags: in-testsuite-
Target Milestone: --- → seamonkey2.1b3
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.