The 'New Tab' option is not working with Firefox/3.6.16, on Win7 x64 system

VERIFIED INVALID

Status

()

Firefox
Extension Compatibility
--
minor
VERIFIED INVALID
7 years ago
7 years ago

People

(Reporter: Flaviu, Unassigned)

Tracking

3.6 Branch
x86_64
Windows 7
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

7 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.16) Gecko/20110319 AskTbGOM2/3.11.3.15590 Firefox/3.6.16
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.16) Gecko/20110319 AskTbGOM2/3.11.3.15590 Firefox/3.6.16

I have noticed a bug after the last update to Firefox/3.6.16 (and several updates for few add-ons - not sure which ones), the 'New Tab' option is not working anymore. 

It is not working by using the shortcut 'Ctrl+T', nor by selecting it from menu File > New Tab, nor by pressing the '+' sign next to the open tabs.

I didn't received any crash reports, or errors messages.

The 'new tab' will open only by holding the 'Ctrl' and clicking on any link, which will bring a new tab. The 'open in new window' option apparently it is working fine.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
The new tab is now working:
1. Using the shortcut 'Ctrl+T'
2. Selecting it from menu File > New Tab
3. Pressing the '+' sign next to the open tabs

It happens every time, regardless of the focus on the page, or the website's content opened in the browser.
Actual Results:  
By making those steps, nothing happens, like the 'new tab' option is not available. The browser doesn't crash.

Expected Results:  
Should open new tab.

I am using the default theme.
Add-ons installed:
-Codeburner for Firebug 1.6
-Colorzilla 2.5.5
-Conduit Engine 3.2.5.2
-Drupal for Firebug 0.0.7
-External Ip 0.9.9.6
-Firebug 1.6.2
-Firefinder for Firebug 1.01
-Flash Firebug 2.0
-GOM & Ask Toolbar 3.11.3.15590
-Java Console 6.0.20 - 6.0.24
-Logitech Device Detection 1.20.0.66
-Page Speed 1.10.2
-uTorrentBar 3.2.5.2
-Web Developer 1.1.9
Please test again in Safe Mode (http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode) to ensure that this problem is not raised by an installed extension.
Version: unspecified → 3.6 Branch
(Reporter)

Comment 2

7 years ago
I have tested it in Safe Mode and as you said, it worked with no issues. Finally I uninstalled several addons I don't use(uTorrent, Ask bar, Adobe Contribute, Logitech Device Detection) and disabled one plugin (Winamp Application Detector).

Apparently the isssue is fixed. I am not sure which one of the uninstalled adons gave me headackes.

Thank you Henrik for your prompt answer.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 7 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED

Updated

7 years ago
Resolution: FIXED → INVALID
You could help us by reinstalling those add-ons until the issue is happening again. That way the author of the extension can be notified and the issue be fixed for all users of the extension. Thanks.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Component: Tabbed Browser → Extension Compatibility
QA Contact: tabbed.browser → extension.compatibility
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.