Created attachment 533439 [details] [diff] [review] PSL Add TLDs for Algeria, Bangladesh, Georgia, India, Iran, Korea, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Syria, Taiwan, Ukraine, Yemen, XXX This is a large patch which incorporates Bug 650412 to add .XXX Bug 650412 xxx ICM Registry Sponsored Community http://www.icmregistry.com It also incorporates Bug 607938, plus additional IDN ccTLD to sync with the IDN Fastrack program at ICANN (URL: https://www.icann.org/en/topics/idn/fast-track/string-evaluation-completion-en.htm) Bug 607938 Algeria الجزائر xn--lgbbat1ad8j Algeria / Al Jazair Arabic Arabic India بھارت xn--mgbbh1a71e Bharat Urdu Arabic भारत xn--h2brj9c Bharat Hindi Devanagari ভারত xn--45brj9c Bharat Bengali Bengali ਭਾਰਤ xn--s9brj9c Bharat Punjabi Gurmukhi ભારત xn--gecrj9c Bharat Gujarati Gujarati இந்தியா xn--xkc2dl3a5ee0h India Tamil Tamil భారత్ xn--fpcrj9c3d Bharat Telugu Telugu Korea, Republic of 한국 xn--3e0b707e Republic of Korea Korean Hangul Morocco المغرب xn--mgbc0a9azcg Morocco / al-Maghrib Arabic Arabic Oman عمان xn--mgb9awbf Oman Arabic Arabic Serbia срб xn--90a3ac srb Serbian Cyrillic New IDN ccTLD Strings Bangladesh বাংলা xn--54b7fta0cc Bangla Bangla Bangla Georgia გე xn--node ge Georgian Georgian (Mkhedruli) Iran, Islamic Republic of ايران xn--mgba3a4fra Iran Iran Arabic ایران xn--mgba3a4f16a Iran Iran Persian Pakistan پاكستان xn--mgbai9a5eva00b Pakistan Urdu Arabic پاکستان xn--mgbai9azgqp6j Pakistan Urdu Arabic Saudi Arabia السعوديه xn--mgbqly7cvafr AlSaudiah Arabic Arabic (Variant) السعودیة xn--mgberp4a5d4a87g AlSaudiah Arabic Arabic (Variant) السعودیۃ xn--mgbqly7c0a67fbc AlSaudiah Arabic Arabic (Variant) Syrian Arab Republic سوريا xn--mgbtf8fl Syria Arabic Arabic سورية xn--ogbpf8fl Syria Arabic Arabic Taiwan 臺灣 xn--nnx388a Taiwan Chinese Simplified Chinese Ukraine укр xn--j1amh ukr Ukrainian Cyrillic Yemen اليمن xn--mgb2ddes AlYemen Arabic Arabic
Comment on attachment 533439 [details] [diff] [review] PSL Add TLDs for Algeria, Bangladesh, Georgia, India, Iran, Korea, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Syria, Taiwan, Ukraine, Yemen, XXX r=gerv. Although all of these are no-ops, right? Gerv
Attachment #533439 - Flags: review+
mozilla-central: http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/b59363737df0 I will ask for branch approvals in a day or two. Gerv
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Backed out due to xpcshell failure on all platforms. See: http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showlog.cgi?log=Firefox/1305900628.1305901763.25019.gz&fulltext=1
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
The cause of the failure was this bug; the new TLDs for .pk contain what Firefox things is a non-permitted codepoint (200E). And the Verisign IDN checker agrees: http://mct.verisign-grs.com/conversiontool/convertServlet?input=%E2%80%8E%E2%80%8E%D9%BE%D8%A7%D9%83%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86&type=UTF8 I will check this all back in without that change, and we can open another bug to fix the problem. Gerv
Attempt 2: http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/e961f83ce28c Gerv
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago → 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Comment on attachment 533439 [details] [diff] [review] PSL Add TLDs for Algeria, Bangladesh, Georgia, India, Iran, Korea, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Syria, Taiwan, Ukraine, Yemen, XXX This is the patch that got bounced, right? Not approving. Actually what you checked in the second time looks like what you checked in the first time -- what happened to the test failures? Did \u200E magically become approved in that time? (it's invisible and in the 'punctuation' block so it seems unlikely).
Created attachment 534476 [details] Fix for /220e This is the two lines, fixed to not include the offending character.
Created attachment 534492 [details] [diff] [review] fixed: PSL Add TLDs for Algeria, Bangladesh, Georgia, India, Iran, Korea, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Syria, Taiwan, Ukraine, Yemen, XXX We had two illegal unicode characters that I found in the <.pk> entries, that bled through in a cut-paste operation at my desk. The unicode characters caused a fail in build. I determined the source of the error, and have fixed it in the attached file. This is a replacement for the patch that was failing, I was able to determine that there was an illegal character in the cut-paste of the Arabic and Persian strings for the Pakistan entries that was causing the fail. The newly attached has validated each way in a round trip conversion test [punicode->native->punicode], [native->punicode->native], and is confirmed valid.
Created attachment 534724 [details] [diff] [review] Patch v.3 Here is a patch containing the changes which actually ended up on mozilla-central, after backing out the .pk entries (which are now bug 658582). We should handle these changes here, and the other ones in the other bug. Gerv
Attachment #534492 - Attachment is obsolete: true
Comment on attachment 534724 [details] [diff] [review] Patch v.3 Approved for 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52, a=dveditz for release-drivers Approved for the mozilla2.0 repository, a=dveditz for release-drivers
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-2.0/rev/a255c89497de http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-1.9.2/rev/7c458d3f60ae http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-1.9.1/rev/30535aa1e0a1 Gerv
status1.9.1: --- → .20-fixed
status1.9.2: --- → .18-fixed
status2.0: --- → .x-fixed
Verified for 184.108.40.206 in source.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.