Closed Bug 669176 Opened 9 years ago Closed 9 years ago

Sync fails to connect after upgrading to Firefox 5

Categories

(Firefox :: General, defect)

5 Branch
All
Other
defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

()

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 704539

People

(Reporter: adamw, Unassigned)

References

Details

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Build ID: 20110622105328

Steps to reproduce:

Upgraded both of my systems to Firefox 5 (Fedora packages).


Actual results:

Sync started popping up error messages all the time, saying it failed to connect to the server - "Sync encountered an error while connecting: Failed to connect to the server. Please try again."


Expected results:

Sync should continue to work silently as it did before.

Notes: I did nothing at all to the Sync configuration on either machine. about:sync-log seems to have nothing since May 10.
Adam, the default for services.sync.log.appender.debugLog.enabled in about:config was altered to false. Please check / re-enable it and report back with further details! Cheers.
OS: Other → Linux
Hardware: All → x86_64
After enabling logging, restarting, and doing 'sync now' I got a 'Sync encountered an error while syncing: Unknown error. Sync will automatically retry this action' error. Now I think about it, I've been seeing those as well as the 'unable to connect' errors. In the log, I see this:

1309795012944	Collection	WARN	Caught unexpected exception Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIHttpChannel.responseStatus] Stack trace: _onComplete()@resource://services-sync/resource.js:318 < innerBind()@resource://services-sync/util.js:1352 < Channel_onStopRequest()@resource://services-sync/resource.js:571 in _onComplete.
1309795012944	Collection	DEBUG	Stack trace: _onComplete()@resource://services-sync/resource.js:318 < innerBind()@resource://services-sync/util.js:1352 < Channel_onStopRequest()@resource://services-sync/resource.js:571
1309795012944	Collection	DEBUG	Caught exception Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIHttpChannel.visitResponseHeaders] Stack trace: _onComplete()@resource://services-sync/resource.js:353 < innerBind()@resource://services-sync/util.js:1352 < Channel_onStopRequest()@resource://services-sync/resource.js:571 visiting headers in _onComplete.
1309795012945	Collection	DEBUG	Stack trace: _onComplete()@resource://services-sync/resource.js:353 < innerBind()@resource://services-sync/util.js:1352 < Channel_onStopRequest()@resource://services-sync/resource.js:571
1309795012945	Engine.Forms	DEBUG	Uploading records failed: null
1309795012946	Service.Main	DEBUG	forms failed: null No traceback available

A little further down, I see another, similar trace:

1309795033566	Collection	WARN	Caught unexpected exception Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIHttpChannel.responseStatus] Stack trace: _onComplete()@resource://services-sync/resource.js:318 < innerBind()@resource://services-sync/util.js:1352 < Channel_onStopRequest()@resource://services-sync/resource.js:571 in _onComplete.
1309795033567	Collection	DEBUG	Stack trace: _onComplete()@resource://services-sync/resource.js:318 < innerBind()@resource://services-sync/util.js:1352 < Channel_onStopRequest()@resource://services-sync/resource.js:571
1309795033567	Collection	DEBUG	Caught exception Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIHttpChannel.visitResponseHeaders] Stack trace: _onComplete()@resource://services-sync/resource.js:353 < innerBind()@resource://services-sync/util.js:1352 < Channel_onStopRequest()@resource://services-sync/resource.js:571 visiting headers in _onComplete.
1309795033567	Collection	DEBUG	Stack trace: _onComplete()@resource://services-sync/resource.js:353 < innerBind()@resource://services-sync/util.js:1352 < Channel_onStopRequest()@resource://services-sync/resource.js:571
1309795033568	Engine.History	DEBUG	Uploading records failed: null
1309795033572	Service.Main	DEBUG	history failed: null No traceback available



-- 
Fedora Bugzappers volunteer triage team
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers
OS: Linux → Other
Hardware: x86_64 → All
after the above attempt, further sync attempts seem to work for now, on this system. haven't tried on the other yet.



-- 
Fedora Bugzappers volunteer triage team
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers
it seems to have been working since I turned on the logging, oddly enough. not sure if that's cause / effect or just coincidence.



-- 
Fedora Bugzappers volunteer triage team
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
This is possibly fixed in bug 690170 (Firefox 10). If not, it is almost certainly fixed in bug 704539 (Firefox 12).

If you still experience the issue after upgrading, please reopen this bug.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 9 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 704539
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.