A received mail which contains Japanese language is displayed in every other line. One space line is inserted after every line. And moreover, these messages could not be cut & pasted. It causes Mozilla crash, even if it is once pasted on notepad and cut them to paste new message window. However, it is possible to cut & paste each line one by one. I suppose it has an illegal character at the end of each line.
Reporter can you attach the mail where this happened? Can you reproduce it? What build were you using?
I'm pretty sure this is a duplicate. momoi would know for sure.
This seems to be a dulicate of: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=63081 The fix for this problem went in on 1/23/2000. So we have additional problems we need to identify the conditions under which the problem still occurs. nomura-san, can you provide a test case in the form of attachment? I am not seeing this problem when the message is of the type for which the original bug was reported. Non-flowed, plain text msgs.
Created attachment 24743 [details] Unzip, move check1 to mail folder, launch Mozilla 0.7, open check1 folder, choose a message, you will see, copy some lines from the message, paste them on a new message window.
I am not able to reproduce the problem with the attached test file. Nor could I reproduce the crash when copy/pasting the original data. Nomura-san, please indicate which day's build you are using. That critical information is missing fromy our original bug report. You will see the build date when you use the menu: "HELP | About Mozilla".
I am using Mozilla 0.7 Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; 0.7) Gecko/20010109
You said the magic word: Gecko/20010109 That is a build from Jan. 9, 2001. The problem was not fixed until Jan. 23, 2001. Please try the latest build. You should not see the problem. In general, please report a bug only after you are able to reproduce it on the latest daily build. Marking it resolved as Worksforme. If you find the problem with the latest build, please re-open.
I confirmed it has been settled in Mozille M18 Gecko/20010207 Thanks.
Marking verified based on reporter's and momoi's comments 2/07-08
As Momoi mentioned, it had been fixed before I submitted the report. This article should be closed. Note: The similar bug in case of HTML mail was reported by 70431, and it is still open.