package-manifest -- xpinstall/packager: package error reported as warning, ton of files missing/un-necessary

NEW
Unassigned

Status

7 years ago
6 months ago

People

(Reporter: joey, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

7 years ago
Submit a nop job to the try cluster -- my test case was adding a bogus target in rules.mk.  Search the logs for 'package error'.

1) xpinstall/packager is reporting a 'package error', handled in the logs as a warning.  Several hundred instances of missing/unnecessary files are accumulating in the logs.  Probably should morph this warning into an error so cruft can be cleaned up and/or errors/filesystem/network problems exposed.


make[2]: Entering directory `/builds/slave/try-lnx-andrd-dbg/build/obj-firefox/mobile/installer'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `export'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/builds/slave/try-lnx-andrd-dbg/build/obj-firefox/mobile/installer'
make libs
make[2]: Entering directory `/builds/slave/try-lnx-andrd-dbg/build/obj-firefox/mobile/installer'
[ SNIP ]

Creating package directory...
rm -f -rf ../../dist/xpt ../../dist/manifests
/usr/bin/perl -I/builds/slave/try-lnx-andrd-dbg/build/xpinstall/packager -e 'use Packager; Packager::Copy( "/builds/slave/try-lnx-andrd-dbg/build/obj-firefox/mobile/installer/..
/../dist", "/builds/slave/try-lnx-andrd-dbg/build/obj-firefox/mobile/installer/../../dist/fennec", "package-manifest", "unix", 1, 0, 1);'
[en-US]
pippki.dtd
deviceManager.dtd
pippki.properties
certManager.dtd


132 files highest err count.
128, 77, ...

LOG: try-linux-android-build1617.txt.gz
LOG: try-linux-android-debug-build1852.txt.gz
LOG: try-linux-maemo5-gtk-build1706.txt.gz
LOG: try-linux-maemo5-qt-build273.txt.gz
LOG: try-linux-mobile-build1713.txt.gz
LOG: try-macosx64-debug-build2186.txt.gz
LOG: try-macosx-debug-build2873.txt.gz
LOG: try-win32-mobile-build1049.txt.gz

LOG: try-macosx64-debug-build2186.txt.gz
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: NightlyDebug.app/Contents/Plug-Ins/ (package-manifest, 15).
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: NightlyDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/components/dom_threads.xpt (package-manifest, 96).
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: NightlyDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/components/plugin.xpt (package-manifest, 149).
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: NightlyDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/libfreebl3.chk (package-manifest, 383).
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: NightlyDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/libsoftokn3.chk (package-manifest, 384).
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: NightlyDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/libnssdbm3.chk (package-manifest, 386).


LOG: try-win32-debug-build2191.txt.gz
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest (package-manifest, 39).
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/msvcm80.dll (package-manifest, 40).
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/msvcp80.dll (package-manifest, 41).
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/msvcr80.dll (package-manifest, 42).
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/components/dom_threads.xpt (package-manifest, 97).
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/components/plugin.xpt (package-manifest, 150).
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/freebl3.chk (package-manifest, 384).
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/softokn3.chk (package-manifest, 385).
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/nssdbm3.chk (package-manifest, 387).



Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/extensions/feedback@mobile.mozilla.org.xpi (package-manifest, 446).
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/defaults/profile/bookmarks.html (package-manifest, 18).
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/defaults/profile/localstore.rdf (package-manifest, 19).
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/defaults/profile/mimeTypes.rdf (package-manifest, 20).
Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/AndroidManifest.xml (package-manifest, 38).
W
Making these fatal is bug 515374 (feel free to steal that!).

> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> NightlyDebug.app/Contents/Plug-Ins/ (package-manifest, 15).

Presumably because Fennec doesn't do plugins?

> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> NightlyDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/components/dom_threads.xpt
> (package-manifest, 96).

This is cruft, dom/threads is dead.

> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> NightlyDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/components/plugin.xpt (package-manifest,
> 149).

Plugins again?

> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> NightlyDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/libfreebl3.chk (package-manifest, 383).
> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> NightlyDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/libsoftokn3.chk (package-manifest, 384).
> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> NightlyDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/libnssdbm3.chk (package-manifest, 386).

Presumably we aren't doing NSS signing on mobile.

> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> bin/Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest (package-manifest, 39).
> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> bin/msvcm80.dll (package-manifest, 40).
> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> bin/msvcp80.dll (package-manifest, 41).
> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> bin/msvcr80.dll (package-manifest, 42).

Either the MSVCRT redist stuff is not set properly in the environment or the code that copies those DLLs over isn't being run for Fennec.

> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> bin/components/dom_threads.xpt (package-manifest, 97).
> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> bin/components/plugin.xpt (package-manifest, 150).
> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> bin/freebl3.chk (package-manifest, 384).
> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> bin/softokn3.chk (package-manifest, 385).
> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> bin/nssdbm3.chk (package-manifest, 387).

Already covered.

> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> bin/extensions/feedback@mobile.mozilla.org.xpi (package-manifest, 446).

Did mobile feedback get removed?

> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> bin/defaults/profile/bookmarks.html (package-manifest, 18).
> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> bin/defaults/profile/localstore.rdf (package-manifest, 19).
> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> bin/defaults/profile/mimeTypes.rdf (package-manifest, 20).

Presumably this is just stuff that went away?

> Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file:
> bin/AndroidManifest.xml (package-manifest, 38).

No idea what this is.

Updated

6 months ago
Product: Core → Firefox Build System
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.