Incorrect display of some german characters

VERIFIED WORKSFORME

Status

VERIFIED WORKSFORME
18 years ago
10 years ago

People

(Reporter: feo84, Assigned: nhottanscp)

Tracking

Trunk
x86
Linux

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

18 years ago
The mail component of Mozilla 0.8 does not display all german characters
correctly. For example, the german "umlauts" ä, ö, ü and ß are displayed as some
strange escape characters.
Another problem is that if I try to move some mails into another folder at once,
the last one is not moved.
(I used Mozilla 0.6 to submit this, but the problem is about version 0.8).

Regards,
Felix Weninger
(Assignee)

Comment 1

18 years ago
Is that always reproducible?
Thos should be a dupe of bug 66757 (Worksforme).
Bug 66757 should be reopen ?

Comment 3

18 years ago
I don't see the problem on 02/16 mtrunk build.
feo84@web.de, could you check the latest build? thanks.

Comment 4

18 years ago
feo84@web.de- did you see the origional problem in mail or web page ?
(Reporter)

Comment 5

18 years ago
I saw the original problem on some mails. I didn't try it with the newest build,
but the problem is reproducible with every e-mail which contains non-English
characters such as ä, ö, ü.

Comment 6

18 years ago
This sounds very similiar to bug 66757. Please try if you still can see it with 
the latest build.
(Reporter)

Comment 7

18 years ago
The problem seems to be fixed in the newest build from Feb 22, 2001.
I mark this now, worksforme.
If you see this again, feel free to reopen this bug. (or bug 66757).

Thanks for your bug report and using Mozilla.

Matthias 
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 18 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME

Comment 9

18 years ago
Marked it as verified.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Product: MailNews → Core
Product: Core → MailNews Core
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.