(In reply to Alaa Shaheen from comment #2) > I have tested this issue on Firefox 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 Beta 9, and 3.6... and as > it appears, the this issue occurs starting with "Firefox 4 Beta 9", the > games were working fine up to Firefox 3.6, however they stopped working > afterwards. OK, it would be helpful if you could narrow down the 3.6-4.0b9 range further, by testing other 4.0 betas. Once you have a smaller range we can switch to testing nightlies to bisect further.
I have narrowed down the versions and found that the issue started in Firefox 4.0b5. I have then narrowed down the testing by nightly builds and found out that the last working build was on '2010-08-27'. All Firefox pre/releases after the 4.0b5 2010-08-27 build have this issue. Here is a quick summary: 2010-08-01 Firefox 4.0b3 -- Works fine! 2010-08-14 Firefox 4.0b4 -- Works fine! 2010-08-25 Firefox 4.0b5 -- Works fine! 2010-08-26 Firefox 4.0b5 -- Works fine! 2010-08-27 Firefox 4.0b5 -- Works fine! 2010-08-28 Firefox 4.0b5 -- Fails! 2010-08-29 Firefox 4.0b5 -- Fails! 2010-08-30 Firefox 4.0b5 -- Fails! 2010-08-31 Firefox 4.0b5 -- Fails! 2010-09-09 Firefox 4.0b6 -- Fails! 2010-10-01 Firefox 4.0b7 -- Fails! 2010-10-17 Firefox 4.0b8 -- Fails! 2010-12-31 Firefox 4.0b9 -- Fails! ... and so on
> Url: http://apps.facebook.com/flash-games-test/ When I play this and let my character die, the "API response" box shows output and I get an alert, in a current nightly build. I can confirm that it doesn't work in Firefox 8. So it sounds like we have this fixed already....
Looks like the problem disappeared in this checkin range: http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/pushloghtml?fromchange=630e28e90986&tochange=f69a10f23bf3 Nothing in that range jumps out at me as being responsible, though. Alaa, do you see the problem in a current Beta build? What about a current Aurora build? What were the mercurial changeset ids (from about:buildconfig) for the last working and first non-working build in comment 4?
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
OK, just like bug 702439 this is an issue with broken UA sniffing on facebook. Using Firefox 8 with the UA string spoofed to say it's Firefox 9 magically makes http://apps.facebook.com/flash-games-test/ work. Alaa, could you please report the issue to Facebook?
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 702439
Boris, I confirm it's been fixed in the current Beta and Aurora builds. The changeset id for the last working version: e1d55bbd1d1d The changeset id for the first non-working version: 6e3f6d18c124 And the bug is already reported to Facebook, I simply made reference to this bug and bug 702439.
> The changeset id for the last working version: e1d55bbd1d1d > The changeset id for the first non-working version: 6e3f6d18c124 So http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/pushloghtml?fromchange=e1d55bbd1d1d&tochange=6e3f6d18c124 Nothing there looks like an obvious culprit; I'll dig around a bit more.
OK, in that range the issue appeared with this checkin: Bug 588874 - Replace Minefield with Firefox in UA string. So yeah, this is a pure UA sniffing issue on Facebook's part...
Alaa, to be clear it's "fixed" in the sense that the current builds are not treated as "Firefox" by facebook's UA sniffer. I fully expect that the moment we ship Firefox 9 they will update their sniffer and break things there, unless they fix the bug on their end.
Hi Boris, You're right about the issue being on Facebook side, and it appears they have fixed the issue. I have tested all not-working versions and they worked like charm! Best Regards.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.