SSL/IMAP with cert auth on today's build doesn't work. It eventually falls back to trying password auth, which that server does not allow, meaning that reading mail with today's build is impossible. Build 2001022308.
Interestingly, a few moments ago, the invocation of mozilla that i used to reproduce this bug crashed with the following stack trace: #0 0x4091a203 in NSGetModule () from /usr/local/mozilla/components/libpsmglue.so #1 0x40918824 in NSGetModule () from /usr/local/mozilla/components/libpsmglue.so #2 0x4093844b in CMT_ServicePasswordRequest () from /usr/local/mozilla/libcmt.so #3 0x40938384 in CMT_DispatchEvent () from /usr/local/mozilla/libcmt.so #4 0x40937f6c in CMT_ProcessEvent () from /usr/local/mozilla/libcmt.so #5 0x40937fb9 in CMT_EventLoop () from /usr/local/mozilla/libcmt.so #6 0x409184d0 in NSGetModule () from /usr/local/mozilla/components/libpsmglue.so #7 0x401a64ae in PR_Select () from /usr/local/mozilla/libnspr4.so #8 0x401beb85 in pthread_start_thread (arg=0xbdbffe40) at manager.c:241 #9 0x401bf54c in pthread_start_thread_event (arg=0xbdbffe40) at manager.c:264 (gdb)
Initial debugging finds that the nsPSMSocketInfo has a nsnull channel and that causes some havoc. Will probably need some help from bryner on this one.
doug, there's rumbling that this might have to do with nsIChannel changes... are you around to take a look?
Do the smoketests include checking for this? If so, why wasn't this caught during the carpool yesterday? ... just wondering.
i will look at this bug.
Not sure if the smoketests look for this directly or not. However, I think this was masked in yesterday's build by another, more serious problem with PSM that was fixed by some combination of dbaron/cls/javi.
Okay, this turns out to be my bug in a bad way. It is really a simple problem. The nsImapMockChannel has an attribute called securityInfo. It is a nsISupports. It useto cache the value in a member |mSecurityInfo|. After my merge to the trunk, this caching was removed. The fix is to revert the setter and getter to the prior functionality. I will attach a patch that will do this. Now, here is how I tested it. 1. Launched PSM Security Advisor. Made sure that my email cert was installed and that PSM would not automatically select my certification (I want to see the dialog). 2. Change my IMAP mail server (nsmail-2.mcom.com) connection to be ssl. 3. Exited, relaunched mail. 4. Pressed 'Get Messages' button. 5. Verified that the Client Auth Cert dialog appeared.
got a r=darin. I am checking in so that this can be in the morning builds.
Using DougT's test above on mac winme and linux with builds 03-05-01 this is fixed. I verified that the Client Auth Cert appeared. If this requires additional steps please reopen and include them.