The Mozilla Developer Network text is displayed like this: Mozilla Developer Network I've seen this twice: once on my Nightly (a reload solved it), once in a external meeting where the MDN was rendered via Chrome. I'm wondering if this could be related w/ case where @font-face doesn't succeed to load.
I've seen this before and a force refresh almost always fixes it. I'm pretty sure this is a caching issue. Craig?
Whiteboard: u=user c=content p=
Yeah it's definitely a cache issue since we redesigned the header. Previously we didn't have any text in the logo, it was just the wider version of the dinohead. In the last release we added the text and changed the width of the element. But if you still have the older style sheet cached when you load the site the first time, you get the new markup with the old style and everything looks wonky until you fetch the latest style sheet. But shouldn't the query string on "mdn-min.css?build=afdb681" avoid this sort of thing? Maybe the long expires header we're setting on the style sheet is more powerful than our cache-busting query string in the url, and the file is still being cached until you shift-reload. I've seen other sites that actually rename the file itself, rather than just a query string. So "mdn-min-build681.css" or something like that. Perhaps that works better at convincing the browser that it's a whole new style sheet and not just a new URL.
(In reply to Craig Cook from comment #2) I know certain cache servers ignore query string params so a file rename is sometimes the only way to ensure cache-busting.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
Component: Website → Landing pages
Product: Mozilla Developer Network → Mozilla Developer Network
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.