Currently we can assign rights to delete articles broken down by locales. We also need the same for reviewing revisions.
James just convinced me that this is more like a 2pt bug. I was thinking just a migration with a bunch of inserts but then thinking through, we have to touch the views and templates to check these templates. And then add tests to make sure we are doing it right.
After talking with Michael it seems like we can get away with just making English a special case. So we'd have reviewer rights for English and reviewer rights for other locales. We'd also need the same for can_delete_revision
Didn't make it in 2012.4.
Bumping to 2012.6.
Sprint based milestone :-)
(In reply to Ricky Rosario [:rrosario, :r1cky] from comment #1)
> James just convinced me that this is more like a 2pt bug. I was thinking
> just a migration with a bunch of inserts but then thinking through, we have
> to touch the views and templates to check these templates. And then add
> tests to make sure we are doing it right.
That sounds like 3 points of work--not 2. Can this be done in a day or two?
We created the KB locale teams models to handle this. Each active locale in: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/locales needs to have it's leaders and reviewers assigned and then we can switch to using those roles for the actual permissions.
I removed the points since the base for this changed and made this bug more generic. If it's too much, let's make this a tracker bug and file more, but for now, this is what we'd need:
* delete revision
* review revision
* change keywords
We need to be 100% sure all the locale teams are setup before doing this. Otherwise, all hell will break lose. Moving to backlog.
I'm moving this to the 9th sprint after talking to Rosana. She said she'd have that ready within two weeks.
I will work on moving all the reviewers to their locales. Since this is a manual process it will take some time, but I will be ready before the next sprint.
Are the locales all set for this to be implemented?
What are the actual permissions per locale that each role gets you? Is it just:
* Allowed to delete documents in their locale
* Allowed to delete revisions in their locale
* Allowed to review revisions in their locale
Making this a 3pter (conservatively). Might end up being 2pt. Might end up needing followup bugs.
Moving to backlog because I don't see locales set up. For example:
Moving this into the next sprint. Rosana said on IRC she will have it ready by May 14th. What we have right now is that locale leaders and reviewers have exactly the same rights, but your suggestions is correct.
To the ones you mentioned, please also add:
* Can change document (for keywords)
Bot for reviewers (and of course locale leaders get everything that reviewers have)
(In reply to Kadir Topal [:atopal] from comment #16)
> To the ones you mentioned, please also add:
> * Can change document (for keywords)
keywords are still revision level and available to edit by all users.
See bug 860225
Yeah, was thinking of limiting that to reviewers too, like we do in English, but now that I think about it, maybe there are more down than upsides to that. Let's skip that for now.
This is next for me.
Pull request is in action here:
Landed on master:
Deployed to prod by mythmon now.
To summarize the current state of wiki permissions:
* Users with the wiki.archive_document can archive documents
Make Ready for L10n
* This only applies to localizable en-US documents
* Only users with wiki.mark_ready_for_l10n permission can mark a document as ready for l10n
* All logged in users can edit (translate) keywords for non-en-US documents
* Only users with wiki.edit_keywords permission can edit keywords for en-US documents
Edit Needs Change:
* This only applies to en-US documents
* Users with wiki.edit_needs_change permission can edit needs change fields
Edit Other Document Fields
* Any logged in user can edit the other document/descriptio fields (title, slug, ...) until there is an approved revision. After that...
* Locale leaders and reviewers can edit for documents in there locale
* All users with the wiki.change_document permission can edit for documents in all locales
* Locale leaders can delete documents in their locale
* Users with the wiki.delete_document can delete documents in any locale
* Any logged in user can create a revision in any locale
* Locale leaders and reviewers can review revisions for documents in their locale
* Users with wiki.delete_revision permission can review revisions for documents in all locales
* Locale leaders and reviewers can delete revisions for documents in their locale
* Users with wiki.review_revision permission can delete revisions for documents in all locales