"Adapter Vendor ID" and "Adapter Device ID" on report are empty even if "App Notes" contain them

VERIFIED FIXED in 13

Status

Socorro
Webapp
VERIFIED FIXED
7 years ago
6 years ago

People

(Reporter: Robert Kaiser, Assigned: laura)

Tracking

unspecified

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

7 years ago
I just looked at a couple reports, for example bp-e8820616-1462-49b6-9784-e99a32120201 and saw that we have "Adapter Vendor ID" and "Adapter Device ID" fields in the table there, which are empty, but App Notes contain "AdapterVendorID: smdkc210, AdapterDeviceID: GT-I9100."

Same e.g. in bp-c27b5d0e-bfbc-4cb1-aef1-a0cb02120131 where it has "AdapterVendorID: 8086, AdapterDeviceID: 0046".
(Reporter)

Comment 1

6 years ago
So, I found out now that we actually have those fields in the raw dump, this seems to be a problem of either not copying them to the processed dump or of the UI not hooking them up correctly.

Laura, who would be best to take a look? As we have this in the raw dump and have the UI there already, I hope this will actually be a relatively easy fix.
(Assignee)

Comment 2

6 years ago
It's in the raw JSON.  We have a function in the webapp that can pull fields from there (I wrote it for the memory % stuff), so this is a webapp bug.
Component: General → Webapp
QA Contact: general → webapp
Target Milestone: --- → 14

Comment 3

6 years ago
Commits pushed to master at https://github.com/mozilla/socorro

https://github.com/mozilla/socorro/commit/10e7f9c817ccc3f6856ec872f5e539b8da27ccf7
Fix bug 723297, pass Adapter Vendor ID and Adapter Device ID through to the UI

https://github.com/mozilla/socorro/commit/ba4ea788d08db50f3fde79ef461bbbca26262a56
Merge pull request #652 from lauraxt/723297

Fix bug 723297, pass Adapter Vendor ID and Adapter Device ID through to ...

Updated

6 years ago
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
(Reporter)

Updated

6 years ago
Assignee: nobody → laura
(Assignee)

Updated

6 years ago
Target Milestone: 14 → 13
Reopening:

I found this report that is missing the vendor data in the "Adapter Vendor ID" and "Adapter Device ID" fields but contains it in the App notes - AdapterVendorID: tuna, AdapterDeviceID: Galaxy Nexus. 

https://crash-stats.allizom.org/report/index/41b64d0f-ee33-4eb7-b384-d371c2120618
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
I should also mention that many of the reports that I looked at - including the one noted in comment 0 correctly populated the field data as expected. Comment 4 represents a potential edge case.
Bumping to resolved fixed - the initial bug (comment 0) has been resolved. I'll file a new bug to capture comment 4.
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 6 years ago6 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Bumping to qa verified - bug 766745 filed for comment 4.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.