point mozillaopennews.org and knightmozilla.org to our production VM

RESOLVED FIXED

Status

Infrastructure & Operations Graveyard
WebOps: Labs
RESOLVED FIXED
6 years ago
a year ago

People

(Reporter: Dan Sinker, Assigned: gozer)

Tracking

Details

(Reporter)

Description

6 years ago
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:11.0a2) Gecko/20120131 Firefox/11.0a2
Build ID: 20120131042011

Steps to reproduce:

We have the following domains mozillaopennews.org and knightmozilla.org and would like them to point to a production VM we have had created and set-up at journalism-prod1.vm1.labs.sjc1.mozilla.com

If you could open the ASAP DNS and have this available to the world that would be awesome!


Actual results:

n/a


Expected results:

n/a

Updated

6 years ago
Assignee: server-ops → server-ops-labs
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Component: Server Operations → Server Operations: Labs
Ever confirmed: true
QA Contact: cshields → zandr
This seems to have been left out of the bug but I think we would like this up by Tuesday, 7th February.
(Assignee)

Comment 2

6 years ago
(In reply to Dan Sinker from comment #0)
> User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:11.0a2)
> Gecko/20120131 Firefox/11.0a2
> Build ID: 20120131042011
> 
> Steps to reproduce:
> 
> We have the following domains mozillaopennews.org and knightmozilla.org and
> would like them to point to a production VM we have had created and set-up
> at journalism-prod1.vm1.labs.sjc1.mozilla.com

Just to confirm, right now, knightmozilla.org is redirecting to drumbeat, and
you want to change that ?

There is also knightmozilla.com, so that should change as well, I imagine?

> If you could open the ASAP DNS and have this available to the world that
> would be awesome!

Also, we don't have an SSL certificate for either of these domains, if we want to
do https://, we'll need to order these certificates.
(In reply to Philippe M. Chiasson (:gozer) from comment #2)
> (In reply to Dan Sinker from comment #0)
> > User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:11.0a2)
> > Gecko/20120131 Firefox/11.0a2
> > Build ID: 20120131042011
> > 
> > Steps to reproduce:
> > 
> > We have the following domains mozillaopennews.org and knightmozilla.org and
> > would like them to point to a production VM we have had created and set-up
> > at journalism-prod1.vm1.labs.sjc1.mozilla.com
> 
> Just to confirm, right now, knightmozilla.org is redirecting to drumbeat, and
> you want to change that ?
> 
> There is also knightmozilla.com, so that should change as well, I imagine?

Yes please!

> 
> > If you could open the ASAP DNS and have this available to the world that
> > would be awesome!
> 
> Also, we don't have an SSL certificate for either of these domains, if we
> want to
> do https://, we'll need to order these certificates.

For now it's just one static page - if we can get those that would be cool to ensure we're doing everything right when we build the site up a bit more.
(Assignee)

Comment 4

6 years ago
knightmozilla.(org|com) have been moved over, working on the new domain: mozillaopennews.org
Assignee: server-ops-labs → gozer
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
(Assignee)

Comment 5

6 years ago
mozillaopennews.org is live as well.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Product: mozilla.org → Infrastructure & Operations
Product: Infrastructure & Operations → Infrastructure & Operations Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.