Created attachment 594504 [details]
"Search the web" is not localizable:
Which leads in some cases to a mixed rightclick menu.
This isn't actually an issue (except for overall cleanliness) since the label is always set here: http://mxr.mozilla.org/comm-central/source/mail/base/content/nsContextMenu.js#189
Yes, I've noticed that as well and figured that it's just a fallback if the string isn't defined otherwise. Do you see any cases where it actually shows up?
(hmm, judging from the screen shot apparently it /may/ show up...)
Those strings are defined in http://mxr.mozilla.org/comm-central/source/mail/locales/en-US/chrome/messenger/glodaComplete.properties#54
Nomis101, what did you right click on to get that popup? Nothing I've clicked on looks like that. I'm guessing the entries are "Paste", "Select All", "Check Spelling", "Add to Dictionary", and "Reply", but I can't get a context menu that looks anything like that.
Ohhh, wait, you're doing this from a standalone message window (in 11.0), right? In that case, this is a dupe of bug 720420.
(In reply to Jim Porter (:squib) from comment #5)
> Ohhh, wait, you're doing this from a standalone message window (in 11.0),
> right? In that case, this is a dupe of bug 720420.
Yes, I also hit bug 720420 in that contextual menu.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 720420 ***
Actually, let's undupe this and morph it into a bug for getting rid of that bogus unlocalized string entirely.
I tried to reproduce the problem following the steps to reproduce as mentioned here:
But, I was unable to find "Search the web" option in the context menu. And, when I selected a piece of text, then the right-click context menu contained the option "Search Bing for:<selected_string>", but there was no option as "Search the web"
So, please tell me how to reproduce the error.
Yeah the "Search the web" should never really show up anywhere, it's always replaced with a "Search Bing......" before showing - http://mxr.mozilla.org/comm-central/source/mail/base/content/nsContextMenu.js#166
Thinking about it, maybe it's better to just change it to label="[glodaComplete.webSearch1.label]" as a placeholder instead of removing it. That way it's easier to find out what's going on.
Created attachment 751473 [details] [diff] [review]
I have made the change.
Comment on attachment 751473 [details] [diff] [review]
Review of attachment 751473 [details] [diff] [review]:
Looks good to me!