when addons.sqlite is in use, extensions and langpacks are not displayed and no error is shown to the user

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 671894

Status

()

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 671894
7 years ago
7 years ago

People

(Reporter: ms, Unassigned)

Tracking

10 Branch
x86
Linux
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

7 years ago
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0 Iceweasel/10.0
Build ID: 20120205123932

Steps to reproduce:

I upgraded Iceweasel via Debian package management from 9.0.1-1 to 10.0-2, but it might have been broken before. I shut off my workstation had to do a resume/network issue earlier. It is like more related to the later incidence.


Actual results:

Addons and language were not displayed in addons and language pack overviews accessible via "Addons" menu item.


Expected results:

They should have been displayed or if like I found out an sqlite3 database is in use, the user should be informed of the fact and be given the opportunity to decide what Firefox should do - i.e. start nonetheless and unlock the database or bail out. Instead the addons manager just didnt work anymore.

I found that this is due to a in use sqlite3 database, from extensions.log:

addons.repository: Failed to open database: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80630001 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_BUSY) [mozIStorageService.openUnsharedDatabase]"  nsresult: "0x80630001 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_BUSY)

I first removed extensions.sqlite, but it was addons.sqlite. There has been an addons.sqlite-journal file:

-rw-r--r--  1 ms teamix   327680 Feb  6 12:44 addons.sqlite
-rw-r--r--  1 ms teamix   295496 Feb  6 12:44 addons.sqlite-journal

I removed database and journal and this did the trick.

I think a beginner user would not find this issue and just have a non working addons manager.

Bug 671894 addons.xpi: Failed to open database (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_BUSY)

might be related. But I put emphasis of the complete lack of user feedback instead of just not working.
(Reporter)

Updated

7 years ago
Summary: when addons.sqlite3 is in use, extensions and langpacks are not displayed and no error is shown to the user → when addons.sqlite is in use, extensions and langpacks are not displayed and no error is shown to the user
Yes, this is definitely bug 671894. That still needs proper steps to reproduce, though. A lot of reports were available lately related to this.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 7 years ago
Component: Untriaged → Add-ons Manager
Product: Firefox → Toolkit
QA Contact: untriaged → add-ons.manager
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 671894
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.