Closed Bug 724936 Opened 13 years ago Closed 13 years ago

Creative review of the Market Intelligence blog

Categories

(Marketing :: General, task)

x86
macOS
task
Not set
normal

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED FIXED

People

(Reporter: isandu, Assigned: vponell)

References

(Blocks 1 open bug)

Details

Hello,

I am looking for review on the proposed blog of the Market Insights team. Items to be reviewed are:

URL - make sure it fits into the overall Mozilla architecture
design - make sure it corresponds to the requirements of a Mozilla blog

For the URL, we are planning on using intelligence.mozilla.org.
For design of the blog, are there any special requirements? I was thinking about choosing a Wordpress template for the beginning, and modifying it accordingly, unless we already have a blog theme.


Are there any other elements that Creative can give us guidance on, that I might be missing?

Thank you,
Irina
Blocks: 724931
Hi Irina,

I've cc'd Valerie to help guide the positioning on this blog, but here are some answers:

*Design - we'll use the standard One Mozilla blog theme (ready and coded for use within the next 2 releases)

*Copy - we need you to work with Matej on a Blog Title & Tagline

*URL - the URL for this will be something similar to:

blog.mozilla.com/market-insights
blog.mozilla.com/market-intelligence

We can set up a redirect from intelligence.mozilla.org, but we aren't able to host the site on a subdomain (please ping for more detail if needed)

The blog.mozilla.com url will be redirected to blog.mozilla.org in early Q2.

Provide feedback here and I'll help you through the process.
Assignee: nobody → vponell
Design - can you please send me a link to see how it would look like?

Here are some comments.


Copy - I will file a bug, then.

URL - Do you have any statistics in terms of how do other Mozilla blogs URLs look like? (is the primary URL x.mozilla.com or mozilla.com/x?) I know MDN, for example, is developer.mozilla.org, but metrics is mozilla.com/metrics 

Platform - we prefer Wordpress. How would setting up work? Do you need me to create a worpress account or do we already have one?

Delivery - do you have an estimate of when the blog would be ready, based on the theme and other IT requirements?
(In reply to Irina Sandu from comment #2)
> Design - can you please send me a link to see how it would look like?
> 
> Here are some comments.
> 
> 
> Copy - I will file a bug, then.

Awesome! (please cc me)
 
> URL - Do you have any statistics in terms of how do other Mozilla blogs URLs
> look like? (is the primary URL x.mozilla.com or mozilla.com/x?) I know MDN,
> for example, is developer.mozilla.org, but metrics is mozilla.com/metrics 

Over time different teams set up microsites on sub-domains, and that became really hard for the website team to manage, and keep track of, so major assets like the header navigation and footer fall out of date. Here's an example"

http://nightly.mozilla.org (looks like it has the http://mozilla.org/firefox main navigation, but a closer inspection and they're radically different)

As a result, we created the Domain Name Strategy @ https://wiki.mozilla.org/Websites/Taskforce/Proposals/Domain_Name_Strategy

Website applications can live at subdomains, but websites/pages/blogs live as sub-directories in the / architecture.

Usage won't be an issue, because we'll set up a vanity url for you at the sub-domain of insights.mozilla.org or intelligence.mozilla.org to redirect to the blog.

As a separate Q2 project, I'll be working with you and other teams to add a page to mozilla.org/teams/market-insights (or something similar) that introduces you, the blog, and serves as an entry point for all things you want to point to.


> 
> Platform - we prefer Wordpress. How would setting up work? Do you need me to
> create a worpress account or do we already have one?

I'll file this bug for you, and steward you through the process. This will be a multi-author Wordpress blog.
 
> Delivery - do you have an estimate of when the blog would be ready, based on
> the theme and other IT requirements?

2-3 weeks, so let's shoot for end of February.

How does all this sound?
> 
> Awesome! (please cc me)

Done. 



> 
> As a result, we created the Domain Name Strategy @
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Websites/Taskforce/Proposals/Domain_Name_Strategy
> 
> Website applications can live at subdomains, but websites/pages/blogs live
> as sub-directories in the / architecture.

If this the overall strategy, then we can go with this and be sub-directories. 



> > 
> > Platform - we prefer Wordpress. How would setting up work? Do you need me to
> > create a worpress account or do we already have one?
> 
> I'll file this bug for you, and steward you through the process. This will
> be a multi-author Wordpress blog.

That's great. Please let me know when you need me to provide the contacts for the authors (the Market Insights members). 


>  
> > Delivery - do you have an estimate of when the blog would be ready, based on
> > the theme and other IT requirements?
> 
> 2-3 weeks, so let's shoot for end of February.

This is very good. We plan to use this blog as part of the follow-up communications for MWC, so it would be great if we can aim for the 1st of March, at the latest.

> 
> How does all this sound?

Very well, thank you for the help.
Hi Chrissie,

Just asking for a status update and checking that we are on track. 

Also, can you please send me a picture / mockup to how the blog theme looks like?

Thank you
Marking resolved/fix, please follow Bug 724931 for updates.

Irina, we're currently working on the One Mozilla blog theme, and plan to present to the team tomorrow. You can follow along on Bug 725692.

This theme is a 3-column responsive layout that matches the new mozilla.org branding. You can see that over on Bug 725673 or over on http://onemozilla.org (the project blog).

There will be an area that your team can add a custom graphic to, but it is otherwise the one blog theme that all new and older Mozilla blogs will use. 

Over time we'll have lots of enhancements, but for the initial rollout, it will be quite standard.

Right now, we are 100% focused on MWC, so this is a P2, but we're still hoping to resolve by end of Feb.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.