Using mar21 commercial trunk build, win98 and NT 4.0 Haven't yet seen on other platforms Haven't yet tried any POP accounts for same thing Both Ninoschka and I've seen problems with our IMAP folders/subfolders hierarchy with today's build. Logging this as a placeholder until we get some exact steps/results, but it seems we have a general idea of how to get into the situation. I've noticed this doesn't happen each and every time, but both Ninoschka and I've been able to create weirdness in the parent/child folder displays a few times now. It involves switching selection amongst subfolder, parent, INBOX and back, exiting and relaunching. Scenario #1: 1. Login to IMAP account which has lots of folders, many with subfolders. 2. Select the INBOX, note the thread pane loads okay. 3. Go to a subfolder hierarchy in the same sever, select a child/subfolder. Let its thread pane load. 4. Select the parent folder, let its thread pane load. Note: sometimes at this step the parent folder's thread pane never refreshes, continues to show child's thread pane contents. 5. Collapse the subfolder hierarchy (still selected on parent). 6. Exit Netscape, launch again and note the subfolder display. We have seen a few results so far: a. parent subfolder displays name of child folder b. all subfolders have become top level folders, i.e. there are no twisties in either collapsed or expanded state to indicate a subhierarchy. c. child folder shows path in name, i.e. Junk/subfolder When folder displays are messed up, removing msf files then launching does appear to correct the folder pane display.
neither of you have been starting up in offline mode, have you? That's known to mess up the hierarchy delimiter.
No, not starting offline. We both have been using newly migrated or new profiles; I've done a mozregistry, etc. blow-away to recreate my mozilla users entirely. We've got Esther trying to get in the state, but she hasn't yet. She is using an older profile, not recently migrated or new.
QA Contact: esther → laurel
laurel or nbaca is this still happening?
Yes. It still happens for me using win98 and mar28 commercial trunk build. I've removed mozregistry and the mozilla dir from Applications Data today and remigrated the profiles. Previous to remigrating, I went into 4.7 and made sure I could access the folders (parent&child folders). Exited and remigrated, logged in, then was easily able to recreated the disjointed hierarchy symptom.
I can also recreate the problem easily using the 3/28 build.
OK, this will be fixed, along with the partial fetch bug when I check in the attached patch. You will need to delete panacea.dat and all your .msf files to get the fix.
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Assignee: sspitzer → bienvenu
Status: ASSIGNED → NEW
Priority: -- → P2
Target Milestone: --- → mozilla0.9
fix checked in.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 18 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Using apr02 commercial trunk build it's OK for me. Waiting for nbaca to try it out. Will mark verified later in the day after a bit more soaking. Thank you, David.
Build 2001-04-02-04: NT4 Build 2001-04-02-08: Mac 9.04 So far it looks ok on my win and mac systems.
Looks ok on all platforms. Marking verified now.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.