because of the xul landing, if you try to send html mail to someone and the msg send format dialog pops up, you can't send mail. I have a potential fix for this. However, it's just the tip of the iceberg - mail search is broken, and I think most of the prefs ui is broken too.
seen this XP: windows 2001-03-22-06-mtrunk linux 2001-03-22-08-mtrunk mac 2001-03-22-04-trunk
OS: Windows NT → All
Hardware: PC → All
ooops...my bad...linux doesn't even get this far...writing crasher bug for that
All of the mail prefs worked for me in testing, as did search. In class now, will look when I get home.
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
OS: All → Windows NT
Hardware: All → PC
It seems that some of the mailnews changes were lost or didn't get checked in somehow. I noticed this happened with MsgComposeCommands.js also.
Cc'ing people who can hopefully take a look until I get home (~2 hrs)
it looks to me like radio buttons still use the value setting. I'm also not sure about the first changes (the setAttribute ones). I think it's the getElementById.value change that matters. I tried changing everything over to using data, i.e., the radio group part of askFormat.xul, but that didn't work. I noticed all the other radio group things in prefs were still using "value".
Radio buttons now use label to display the text (instead of value) and value to hold the internal value (instead of data). This fix is on the right track, but the other instances of data in askSendFormat.js need to be changed.
I have to leave for work, so I won't be able to get back to this for an hour or so.
change qa contact to myself, cc esther
QA Contact: esther → sheelar
The probable fix for this is known. Can someone make the last few corrections in this file and check this in? I won't be able to for another hour and a half.
blake, how many more missing checkins do you think there are? If you still have the fixes in your tree and there are many missing files, it might be a good idea to wait for your tested version rather than spot fixing things.
The fixes can't be in my tree, I committed from the top. Some of this may be fallout from the merge conflicts (in the rush to checkin, I may have forgotten to update some cases). In any case, can you please finish the work here and check it in?
adding the right keyword so this shows up on today's list.
I'm not going to be able to get to this for a while - I need to update my tree and rebuild, which will take hours, and then I have meetings the rest of the day. So if anyone else has an up to date tree, I'd appreciate it if they could finish my fix.
fixed. thanks to blake and bienvenu for the patch. I'll attach it so it can be reviewed after-the-fact by the parties that are interested.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 17 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Created attachment 28500 [details] [diff] [review] the fix that got checked in. blake, please do a post mortem.
*** Bug 73041 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
verified on the following builds linux-2001-03-26-05 windows-2001-03-23-06(with work around) cannont verify this on mac because of other blocker bugs(73041, 73445)
marking this bug as verified on mac (buildid: 2001-03-23-10)
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.