As a security precaution, we have turned on the setting "Require API key authentication for API requests" for everyone. If this has broken something, please contact
Last Comment Bug 736434 - Attempting to set a null username to an imIncomingServer error
: Attempting to set a null username to an imIncomingServer error
Product: Thunderbird
Classification: Client Software
Component: Instant Messaging (show other bugs)
: Trunk
: All All
: -- normal (vote)
: Thunderbird 14.0
Assigned To: Florian Quèze [:florian] [:flo]
Depends on:
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2012-03-16 04:33 PDT by Florian Quèze [:florian] [:flo]
Modified: 2012-04-02 04:07 PDT (History)
2 users (show)
See Also:
Crash Signature:
QA Whiteboard:
Iteration: ---
Points: ---

Patch (1.47 KB, patch)
2012-03-16 04:33 PDT, Florian Quèze [:florian] [:flo]
mozilla: review+
mozilla: approval‑comm‑aurora+
Details | Diff | Splinter Review

Description User image Florian Quèze [:florian] [:flo] 2012-03-16 04:33:55 PDT
Created attachment 606530 [details] [diff] [review]

This error turns out to be because nsMsgAccountManager::GetIncomingServer gets a .userName pref that imIncomingServer.js saves as .username.

The JS stack printed by the debugger; keyword was completely useless here (it ended in gloda). I found the problem by putting a gdb breakpoint on xpc_DebuggerKeywordHandler, which gave me this stack (I removed the frames before and after which are in the JS engine):

#15 0x06c712b0 in nsCOMPtr<nsIMsgIncomingServer>::operator-> () at nsCOMPtr.h:589
#16 nsMsgAccountManager::createKeyedServer (this=0x1d089d10, key=@0xbfff884c, username=@0xbfff8760, hostname=@0xbfff8754, type=@0xbfff876c, aServer=0xbfff8874) at /Users/florian/buildhg/comm-central/mailnews/base/src/nsMsgAccountManager.cpp:590
#17 0x06c71f41 in nsMsgAccountManager::GetIncomingServer (this=0x1d089d10, key=@0xbfff884c, _retval=0xbfff8874) at /Users/florian/buildhg/comm-central/mailnews/base/src/nsMsgAccountManager.cpp:486
#18 0x06c7cf4f in nsMsgAccount::createIncomingServer (this=0x1d08da40) at /Users/florian/buildhg/comm-central/mailnews/base/src/nsMsgAccount.cpp:133
#19 0x06c7d365 in nsMsgAccount::GetIncomingServer (this=0x1d08da40, aIncomingServer=0xbfff8adc) at /Users/florian/buildhg/comm-central/mailnews/base/src/nsMsgAccount.cpp:96
#20 0x06c67b8c in nsCOMPtr<nsIMsgIncomingServer>::get () at nsCOMPtr.h:1396
#21 0x06c67b8c in ~nsGetterAddRefs [inlined] () at nsCOMPtr.h:1296
#22 nsMsgAccountManager::LoadAccounts (this=0x1d089d10) at nsCOMPtr.h:1396
#23 0x06c626ca in nsMsgAccountManager::GetAllIdentities (this=0x1d089d10, _retval=0xbfff8e80) at /Users/florian/buildhg/comm-central/mailnews/base/src/nsMsgAccountManager.cpp:1100

I wonder if this could be somehow related to bug 736035.
Comment 1 User image Florian Quèze [:florian] [:flo] 2012-03-23 04:16:31 PDT
Comment 2 User image Florian Quèze [:florian] [:flo] 2012-03-30 06:01:53 PDT
Comment on attachment 606530 [details] [diff] [review]

[Approval Request Comment]
This is mostly a patch to reduce the noise on the error console, but I would like to take it on aurora as not having this fix causes us to set a pref with the wrong name in the user's profile.
Comment 3 User image Florian Quèze [:florian] [:flo] 2012-04-02 04:07:34 PDT

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.