[SeaMonkey] 2 "test_bug650776.html | Wrong sanitizer result"

VERIFIED FIXED in Thunderbird 14.0

Status

MailNews Core
Networking
P2
major
VERIFIED FIXED
6 years ago
6 years ago

People

(Reporter: sgautherie, Assigned: hsivonen)

Tracking

(Blocks: 1 bug)

Trunk
Thunderbird 14.0
Dependency tree / graph

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Whiteboard: [perma-orange], URL)

Attachments

(1 attachment, 1 obsolete attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

6 years ago
{
305 ERROR TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | chrome://mochitests/content/chrome/content/base/test/chrome/test_bug650776.html | Wrong sanitizer result 8 - got <html><head></head><body><img></body></html>, expected <html><head></head><body><img src="cid:foo"></body></html>

310 ERROR TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | chrome://mochitests/content/chrome/content/base/test/chrome/test_bug650776.html | Wrong sanitizer result 13 - got <html><head></head><body></body></html>, expected <html><head></head><body background="cid:foo"></body></html>
}

Fwiw, I noticed (at least) the following errors:
{
Security Error: Content at moz-nullprincipal:{9503dc11-62d7-41d9-95d2-f413b7ab7798} may not load or link to about:blank.

Security Error: Content at moz-nullprincipal:{3611fea8-39b1-4c39-ab0f-3bd3988fed0b} may not load or link to about:blank.
}
Are they expected?
(Assignee)

Comment 1

6 years ago
(In reply to Serge Gautherie (:sgautherie) from comment #0)
> {
> 305 ERROR TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL |
> chrome://mochitests/content/chrome/content/base/test/chrome/test_bug650776.
> html | Wrong sanitizer result 8 - got
> <html><head></head><body><img></body></html>, expected
> <html><head></head><body><img src="cid:foo"></body></html>
> 
> 310 ERROR TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL |
> chrome://mochitests/content/chrome/content/base/test/chrome/test_bug650776.
> html | Wrong sanitizer result 13 - got
> <html><head></head><body></body></html>, expected <html><head></head><body
> background="cid:foo"></body></html>
> }

This is weird. Works on m-c. Could it be that comm-central has a special implementation class for cid: URLs and the SchemeIs method of that class is broken?

> Fwiw, I noticed (at least) the following errors:
> {
> Security Error: Content at
> moz-nullprincipal:{9503dc11-62d7-41d9-95d2-f413b7ab7798} may not load or
> link to about:blank.
> 
> Security Error: Content at
> moz-nullprincipal:{3611fea8-39b1-4c39-ab0f-3bd3988fed0b} may not load or
> link to about:blank.
> }
> Are they expected?

This is expected (albeit annoying) behavior. Bug 733935.
(Assignee)

Comment 2

6 years ago
Created attachment 607468 [details] [diff] [review]
Untested supposed fix
Assignee: nobody → hsivonen
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
(Assignee)

Comment 3

6 years ago
Comment on attachment 607468 [details] [diff] [review]
Untested supposed fix

This patch doesn't actually fix the problem. Sigh.
Attachment #607468 - Attachment is obsolete: true
(Reporter)

Comment 4

6 years ago
(In reply to Henri Sivonen (:hsivonen) from comment #3)
> This patch doesn't actually fix the problem. Sigh.

(Yet, if the patch is correct, we could as well do it...)
(Assignee)

Comment 5

6 years ago
Created attachment 607492 [details] [diff] [review]
Route around nsIURI for cid: URLs
(Assignee)

Comment 6

6 years ago
The code that's causing the problem is the fix for bug 189358.
(Reporter)

Comment 7

6 years ago
Does this mean SeaMonkey is in some kind a suboptimal situation with that MailNews code interfering in its Browser part (where it shouldn't)?
(Assignee)

Comment 8

6 years ago
(In reply to Serge Gautherie (:sgautherie) from comment #7)
> Does this mean SeaMonkey is in some kind a suboptimal situation with that
> MailNews code interfering in its Browser part (where it shouldn't)?

When only mozilla-central code is running, cid: URLs are generic unknown URLs. When comm-central code has been loaded, too, there's an intentionally bogus implementation of cid: participating in the nsIURI factory.

This isn't really a "browser part". The feature whose test fails is meant for mailnews use, but I previously tested it using mozilla-central-only code, because I didn't realize comm-central would inject intentionally bogus stuff into the nsIURI factory.
(Reporter)

Comment 9

6 years ago
(In reply to Henri Sivonen (:hsivonen) from comment #8)

Good then. Thanks for the explanation..
Depends on: 189358
(Assignee)

Comment 10

6 years ago
Comment on attachment 607492 [details] [diff] [review]
Route around nsIURI for cid: URLs

See http://mxr.mozilla.org/comm-central/source/mailnews/base/src/nsCidProtocolHandler.cpp?force=1#71 for the reason why cid: nsIURIs are useless when comm-central code participates.
Attachment #607492 - Flags: review?(bugs)
Comment on attachment 607492 [details] [diff] [review]
Route around nsIURI for cid: URLs

Horrible but ok.
Attachment #607492 - Flags: review?(bugs) → review+
(Assignee)

Comment 12

6 years ago
Thanks. Landed.
https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/mozilla-inbound/rev/2906d8671454
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/2906d8671454
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
(Reporter)

Comment 14

6 years ago
http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showlog.cgi?log=SeaMonkey/1332369210.1332371127.13878.gz
OS X 10.5 comm-central-trunk debug test mochitest-other on 2012/03/21 15:33:30

V.Fixed
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.