I did this in 3 patches -- one to remove the websnap code since it isn't being used and gets in the way, one to fix the race condition, and another to generate multiple images (and also made it spit out jpegs). The patches apply in a specific order. I have tested the image generation logic here in a stand-alone app, but have not verified that it uploads to S3 properly (my only concern is that I've added things that kind of look like query strings to the filename).
Created attachment 609992 [details] [diff] [review] 1 - fix race this patch creates a unique temporary directory in which to work in -- is used more later
Created attachment 609994 [details] [diff] [review] 3 - Multisized-upload & convert to JPEG This patch adds support to upload multiple sizes (and has temporary code to keep the straight key url with no size params working that should be removed eventually)
These look ok. The humbnailer-api also needs to be fixed so that it will check for the existence of these newly named files. I can integrate these patches in the code and move them to production.
this is fixed now