I've experienced this on Windows:
1. Open the new chat account wizard in a new profile
2. It happens to me both with setting irc.mozilla.org and also the default settings
3. Go through the wizard until the finish button appears
* The finish button doesn't do anything.
* I get this error message randomly either once per wizard, or when clicking the finish button:
Timestamp: 3/29/2012 7:04:22 PM
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8052000f (NS_ERROR_FILE_TOO_BIG) [mozIStorageConnection.setGrowthIncrement]" nsresult: "0x8052000f (NS_ERROR_FILE_TOO_BIG)" location: "JS frame :: resource:///components/imContacts.js :: getDBConnection :: line 57" data: no]
* Its not totally reliable when the message shows up. Sometimes it doesn't appear when clicking the finish button, but some time before.
* I'm not getting the error messages in bug 740288.
Is your hard disk full? Do the file permissions allow Thunderbird to create more files in your thunderbird profile? (The error message you copied seems to indicate a failure to create the file blist.sqlite in your profile folder.)
I understood the cause of this bug yesterday. The problem is caused by a change made in bug 666611 that make setGrowthIncrement throw if there's less than 500MB of free disk space. All C++ callers ignore the return value, and the only JS caller in mozilla-central (a unit test) has a try catch, so we should just add a try/catch too. We have just done that for Instantbird in https://bugzilla.instantbird.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1429
This will be included in bug 753807, which is merging the changes to chat/ from Instantbird back to comm-central.
The fix was pushed as https://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/rev/81031e80b6cd as part of bug 753807.
*** Bug 740288 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***