Steps to reproduce: # Start a fresh firefox instance (while no other instances were running) # Proceed to websocket test page (tested on http://websocket.org/echo.html and a local copy of http://gitorious.org/qtwebsocket/qtwebsocket/blobs/b90770beb3b0f3b9265fc558e05f4f638c21c213/Example/Client/clientExample.html) # Hit "Connect" button Expected behavior: "CONNECTED" message appear in the Log textarea. Actual behavior: In 7 of 10 test runs I got DISCONNECTED ERROR: undefined in the Log textarea. While testing against local websocket server running on port 1337 I monitored network activity via tcpdump like this: # tcpdump -i lo -vvv tcp port 1337 The failing connection attempts didn't emit any network traffic at all, while successful ones did.
I am running Linux Mint 12 on amd64, firefox is installed from official Ubuntu repositories. I tried to reproduce this issue on 5 different Ubuntu 11.10/amd64 hosts and one Linux Mint 12, but didn't manage to reproduce this bug. Disabling all the addons (but not plugins) on my PC didn't change the situation: I still got 70% chance to get websocket connection problems. Creating a new Firefox profile on my PC solved the issue for me: 10 runs of Firefox with 10 connect/disconnect attempts each didn't yield a single connection problem. So the conclusion is that I messed my profile somehow. All the "network.websocket.*" options shown in about:config are set to defaults. If someone is interested in narrowing down this issue I will be glad to provide any other info asked.
Ihor: Thanks for trying so hard to report and reproduce this. I'm closing this for now since we have no steps to reproduce, but if you see it again please reopen.