1. Install Restartless Restart 8  and SmartSearch 3.19 . Restart.
2. Open about:compartments. Note existing compartments.
2. Go to any website.
3. Right-click on a link an "Open Link in New Window".
4. Close the new window and its originating tab, and refresh about:compartments a few times. You should see ghost windows and zombie compartments from the website.
5. Disable Restartless Restart and refresh about:compartments.
6. The zombies and ghosts are dead.
Forgot to mention, this is on the 2012-04-06 Nightly.
You need both restartless restart and smartsearch to see this leak?
Confirming the issue. And also that disabling either addon stops the leak
erik: would you mind having a look in restartless restart to see if you can establish where the leak is coming from?
Note that bug 743215 has similar steps to reproduce (open a new window), and both add-ons are authored by the same developer, so this may be related to common code in both add-ons.
(In reply to Jorge Villalobos [:jorgev] from comment #5)
> Note that bug 743215 has similar steps to reproduce (open a new window), and
> both add-ons are authored by the same developer, so this may be related to
> common code in both add-ons.
I just tried with a FF18 trunk build and couldn't reproduce, so I'm guessing that Firefox 15 fixes this problem, even though it didn't fix bug 743215.