User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0 Build ID: 20120420145725 Steps to reproduce: I attempted to load this URL: http://sdlaudio.risingcode.com/index.html Which is an application built with emscripten. The sourcecode for index.html can be found here: https://github.com/diclophis/emscripten_sdl_audio (use slow_build.sh to build) Actual results: Firefox freezes, and is unable to be recovered except by force-quitting Expected results: The application should have played some audio (from a mod file). The audio is known to be distorted/sped up... but it should at least play and make some beeping noises, and not lockup
Tested this out in FX12 and it hangs the script, tested it on nightly and seemed to work fine.
12.0 version for release where the script locked. 15.0a1 (2012-05-08) nightly version I used for testing (worked).
I can confirm the hang with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0 but it works with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/15.0 Firefox/15.0a1 SeaMonkey/2.12a1 marking wfm (already fixed on trunk)
I am curious what the issue was and how we fixed it, but I guess it isn't worth the effort to bisect...
I would do a regression range search if a backport of the fix to the branches are considered.
I would be interested to know if this is fixed or not on Aurora and Beta. If it is broken in Aurora I would be worried (but not if just release or just release and beta).