please fix bugs with malformed utf-8 characters



Data & BI Services Team
6 years ago
4 years ago


(Reporter: glob, Assigned: sheeri)





6 years ago
the following bugs have malformed utf-8 characters and require fixing:

bug 39501
bug 764295
bug 279078

What exactly is the fix? (Sorry, haven't done this before).
Assignee: server-ops-devservices → shyam

Comment 2

6 years ago
you need to edit the comment and remove the invalid character.
i believe justdave uses mysql workbench to edit the blob.
(you may have notes about this from 2012-05-21 regarding bug 756947).
Preferably done by a DBA because it's raw data editing...
Assignee: shyam → server-ops-database
Component: Server Operations: Developer Services → Server Operations: Database
QA Contact: shyam → cshields

Comment 4

6 years ago
I took a stab at this, but the bugs_fulltext table, comments and comments_noprivate fields, are not the problem. (now I have to go to breakfast, then to a meeting with most likely no internet... :(

Comment 5

6 years ago
Taking for triage purposes, but I'm asking justdave for help to figure out what table I need to look at.
Assignee: server-ops-database → scabral

Comment 6

6 years ago
longdescs table.
If you look at the bugs listed above, 99% of the time it'll be the last comment on the bug, because someone had a buggy browser and Bugzilla didn't catch it during the submit.  And once that comment was there, everyone's locked out of the bug until it's fixed.

Comment 8

6 years ago
fixed bug 764295. That bug had malformed UTF-8 in the text because someone copy/pasted the exact error string, which had / followed by x00 a lot. I changed the text to get rid of the /.

Comment 10

6 years ago
Last Resolved: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Product: → Data & BI Services Team
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.