The disk cache simply does not work. I am using Win2k with a cache size of 30mb. As the following attached test runs of jrgm's tests show, the disk cache simply isn't working. I see no improvement or difference between running jrgm's tests uncached vs. running them cached. I compare this with IE6, which shows a substantial improvement when you move between the settings. This means either (a) our disk cache is always on when it shouldn't be, or (b) the disk cache simply isn't working. The numbers seem to imply the latter.
After talking with Hyatt, we determined the enable disk cache preference had somehow been turned off. Turning it back on showed a page load improvement. We will submit another bug report if his enable disk cache preference gets mysteriously turned off again. Marking this bug INVALID.