If you think a bug might affect users in the 57 release, please set the correct tracking and status flags for Release Management.

extensions.checkcompatibilty.x.x.x is not functioning

UNCONFIRMED
Unassigned

Status

()

Toolkit
Add-ons Manager
UNCONFIRMED
5 years ago
5 years ago

People

(Reporter: astro46, Unassigned)

Tracking

13 Branch
x86_64
Windows 7
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

5 years ago
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1
Build ID: 20120614114901

Steps to reproduce:

upgrade from version 12 to 13


Actual results:

since version 4, i have used extensions.checkcompatibilty.x.x , set to false, to override the poorly functioning ff addon check. it was simply inaccurate. the addons and firefox always worked ok after disabling the check. it was my understanding that this check is disabled by default starting with version 12 (apparently not so). with version 13 entering the mentioned line in about:config bypasses the check , sometimes, sometimes not. was working on desktop on friday. synced profile to laptop and worked there. synced back to desktop today, monday, and now not working, thought still working on laptop.


Expected results:

i should be able to use my addons, but can't because firefox ignores its configuration settings and incorrectly insists that an addon is incompatible.
Component: Untriaged → Add-ons Manager
Product: Firefox → Toolkit
The compatibility check is disabled for non-binary add-ons (most of the add-ons out there). Binary add-ons will still be checked if compatible with current version or not.

Tried using the pref in F14 with FoxyTunes (binary and compatible up to 12) and this worked as expected for me.

Do you have the Add-on compatibility reporter installed? Or any other similar add-on that might modify prefs?
(Reporter)

Comment 2

5 years ago
I do not have compatibility reporter, or other similar add-on installed. I don't know what pref you are referring to as being modified.

I noticed that when I installed the current v.15, it ran through a compatibility check. however, i had previously disabled  "external application buttons mod for firefox 3" because i had tired of dealing with the issue.  i just re-enabled it and restarted ff v15, and it is running ok. but this situation may be different than if had been enabled when v15 was installed.
(In reply to astro46 from comment #2)
> I do not have compatibility reporter, or other similar add-on installed. I
> don't know what pref you are referring to as being modified.

Which preference it is depends on the version, and for trunk builds (those with a version ending in a1 nowadays) it's still another name.

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Extensions.checkCompatibility for details. From the title of this bug report I would have thought you knew those details, but then, your comment #2 makes me doubt.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.