All users were logged out of Bugzilla on October 13th, 2018

Cannot display Vietnamese precomposed characters

VERIFIED WORKSFORME

Status

()

P2
normal
VERIFIED WORKSFORME
20 years ago
17 years ago

People

(Reporter: teruko, Assigned: ftang)

Tracking

({intl})

Trunk
Future
All
Windows NT
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

20 years ago
Tested 6-07-08 Win32 and MAC build.

Above url is written the code from xx20 - xxFF.
After I changed the menu View|Default Character set->Vietnames (VISCII), I compare this page with
http://czyborra.com/charsets/vietnamese.html.

From xx60 to xxFF, the characters in above page are not displayed same as
http://czyborra.com/charsets/vietnamese.html.
(Reporter)

Updated

20 years ago
Priority: P3 → P2
Target Milestone: M7

Updated

20 years ago
Assignee: cata → ftang

Comment 1

20 years ago
I think ftang checked-in VISCII converters
(Assignee)

Updated

20 years ago
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Target Milestone: M7 → M9
(Assignee)

Comment 2

20 years ago
The problem is we convert VISCII to the precomposed extend Latin block. But most
of the font do not have such precomposed glyph. For other vietnamese charset, we
convert to partial precomposed character instead of these fully precomposed
characters. I think this is a rendering issue instead of conversion issue.
However we can solve this by convert to the partial precomposed version.

Keep this bug assign to myself. Need to talk to erik about
(Assignee)

Updated

20 years ago
Assignee: ftang → erik
Status: ASSIGNED → NEW
Summary: VISCII charset conversion does not work → Cannot display Vietnamese precomposed characters
(Assignee)

Comment 3

20 years ago
Change summary from "VISCII charset conversion does not work" to "Cannot display
Vietnamese precomposed characters"

Reassign this erik. We need to think about this for all three platforms.

Updated

20 years ago
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
(Assignee)

Comment 4

20 years ago
somehow I can display these vietnames characters in my NTJ. It is probably
because the Dynalab beta font have those Pre composed glyph.

Updated

20 years ago
Target Milestone: M9 → M11

Updated

19 years ago
Target Milestone: M11 → M14

Updated

19 years ago
Target Milestone: M14 → M16

Comment 5

19 years ago
Moved post sabbatical...

Comment 6

19 years ago
Moving all M16s to M17. Please make comments if you disagree.
Target Milestone: M16 → M17

Comment 7

19 years ago
Prioritizing my bugs. This one is now M20.
Target Milestone: M17 → M20
(Assignee)

Comment 8

18 years ago
move to bstell.
Assignee: erik → bstell
Status: ASSIGNED → NEW

Updated

18 years ago
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
(Reporter)

Updated

18 years ago
Keywords: intl

Updated

18 years ago
Target Milestone: --- → Future

Comment 9

17 years ago
--> ftang
Assignee: bstell → ftang
Status: ASSIGNED → NEW
(Assignee)

Comment 10

17 years ago
bulk move NEW FUTURE bug to ASSIGN
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
(Assignee)

Comment 11

17 years ago
with WinXP which have those glyph, it is no longer a problem. this a font
availability issue. mark this bug as worksforme.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 17 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
(Reporter)

Comment 12

17 years ago
Verified.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.