Created attachment 650342 [details] [diff] [review] Cleanup patch Comm-central code contains some code pieces which are not supported anymore (mostly powerpc-apple-darwin code). This patch removes all of this unsupported code. I also opened TBSpotlight.xcodeproj with Xcode, so everything gets updated automatically. Because it complained about "Thunderbird.mdimporter" vs "thunderbird.mdimporter" I changed every occurrence of the mdimporter to "Thunderbird".
Comment on attachment 650342 [details] [diff] [review] Cleanup patch Using Thunderbird.mdimporter will regress an earlier change where we were broken with our symbol building due to the way case-sensitivity works badly on Mac, so we can't change that back again, it needs to be all lower-case.
Created attachment 650841 [details] [diff] [review] Cleanup patch v2 Ah, interestingly, I didn't know that. So, I changed all to lower case than.
Created attachment 650842 [details] [diff] [review] Cleanup patch v2 Had to remove this stupid LastUpgradeCheck...
Can this be removed only after TB 17 so that TenFourbird PPC can build a 17ESR successfully?
Hm, I don't think this will hinder TenFourbird PPC in any way. This patch will only remove ony single leftover line of PPC code. Which can reverted easily, if needed. There are much bigger obstacles for PPC builds in Core code. But I'm up for whatever Mark thinks.
Try run for f506875c8e43 is complete. Detailed breakdown of the results available here: https://tbpl.mozilla.org/?tree=Try&rev=f506875c8e43 Results (out of 10 total builds): success: 8 warnings: 1 failure: 1 Builds (or logs if builds failed) available at: http://firstname.lastname@example.org
Comment on attachment 650842 [details] [diff] [review] Cleanup patch v2 Review of attachment 650842 [details] [diff] [review]: ----------------------------------------------------------------- Sorry for the delay in getting to this. r=me with the following dropped. ::: mail/installer/removed-files.in @@ +336,5 @@ > res/html/gopher-text.gif > res/html/gopher-unknown.gif > @DLL_PREFIX@sqlite3@DLL_SUFFIX@ > #ifdef XP_MACOSX > + Thunderbird.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/thunderbird.mdimporter/Contents/Info.plist iirc, these were from a time we were placing the mdimporter in totally the wrong place, and so the case should remain the same (i.e. drop the changes in this file).
Created attachment 664683 [details] [diff] [review] Patch for check-in Oh yes, you are absolutely right. I droped the changes.