From Bugzilla Helper: User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux 2.4.2-ac28 i686; en-US; 0.8.1) Gecko/20010421 BuildID: 20010421 Before I defined a Personal Security Password for the PSM private keys security device (i.e. there was a blank password), I attempted to change the Preferences to store sensitive data encrypted (i.e. checked the box on the Preferences:Advanced:Password page). When I selected OK from the Passwords dialogue box, the browser process hung and had to be killed. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.Make sure no Personal Security Password is defined 2.Select Edit:Preferences:Advanced:Password, and check the box "Use Encryption to store sensitive data" 3.Select OK Actual Results: The mozilla process hung. All open windows were unresponsive. Expected Results: Either Mozilla should warn the user that Personal Security Password is not defined and prompt the user to enter one, or the check box should be made inaccessible until the user defines one with the Password Manager. I am running Mozilla that is integrated with Ximian's Gnome 1.4 desktop.
working for me with build 2001050620 on win2k sp1
Worksforme with the 2001050708 Linux Netscape 6 build. If I did not have any passwords stored, the box accepted the check. If I did have passwords stored, and checked the box, I was asked to set up a master password, just as expected.
Assignee: mcafee → ddrinan
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Component: Preferences → Security: Crypto
Ever confirmed: true
QA Contact: sairuh → junruh
OK. It is not good enough to just set the Personal Security Password to blank. It seems to only happen with a fresh install. I had to move my .netscape and .mozilla directories out of the way (i.e. rename them old.netscape and old.mozilla) to reproduce the bug . After doing this, open mozilla and do nothing else but Edit:Preferences:Advanced:Password and check the "Use Encryption ..." box. It hangs my system every time.
isn't this a dup of an old bug...? unfortunately, i cannot seem to find it...
You might be thinking of bug 78170. The descriptions are somewhat different but it might be the same underlying problem. Since ddrinan has this bug, I'm going to assign 78170 to him as well.
Moving from Browser/Security:Crypto to PSM 2.0.
Component: Security: Crypto → Client Library
Product: Browser → PSM
Target Milestone: --- → 2.0
Version: other → 2.0
Priority: -- → P2
Assigning to javi.
Assignee: ddrinan → javi
Mass reassigning target to 2.1
Target Milestone: 2.0 → 2.1
This worksforme with today's build.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 17 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
Verified fixed linux build 2001-07-09-04-0.9.2
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.