Closed Bug 792707 Opened 8 years ago Closed 8 years ago

MPL 2 upgrade: l10n for af

Categories

(Mozilla Localizations :: af / Afrikaans, defect)

defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED FIXED

People

(Reporter: gerv, Assigned: dwayne)

References

Details

Attachments

(1 file)

This language needs some or all of its l10n files to be upgraded to the MPL 2 licence. The current status in the aurora repo http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n/mozilla-aurora/ is:

Summary of Licenses in Files
============================
 Number  Percent License
------- -------- -----------
    294   56.11% mpl2
    137   26.15% <none found>
     84   16.03% mpl/gpl/lgpl (standard block)
      9    1.72% <unknown license>
----------------------------
    524 files processed

I have a script which can do the relicensing automatically. I will provide a patch here. Once a patch has been provided, please commit it as soon as possible. The aim is to have the relicensing finished by the end of September.

Thanks :-)

Gerv
Assignee: gerv → dwayne
Hi Gerv,

Thanks for this.  When we translate Afrikaans we inherit any comments from en-US so if the license statement is in en-US and is correct then af will inherit it the next time we export translations.

So my thoughts are that we (I mean you ;) land the MPL2 changes.  We're pretty safe that these won't revert.  The only possible change would be any whitespace reflow.
Attachment #662910 - Flags: review? → review+
(In reply to Dwayne Bailey from comment #2)
> Hi Gerv,
> 
> Thanks for this.  When we translate Afrikaans we inherit any comments from
> en-US so if the license statement is in en-US and is correct then af will
> inherit it the next time we export translations.

Well, they should be, and they should have been for at least 6 weeks... So it would be good to figure out what's not working here.

Gerv
6 weeks is not too long :) We export only when needed so quite possible that if nothing changed in a cycle we wouldn't export for a language.
Dwayne: then what is the best way to proceed? With a small number of recently-added exceptions, en-US is correctly licensed. We need all the localizations to be correctly licensed. We don't want to have to wait until someone has touched every file. So what do we do? Can we just commit my patch?

(Note that I don't have rights to commit it; you will need to.)

Gerv
Yes, I think it is safe just to commit the patch.  This results in:

1) Correct headers meeting your need
2) When we land translations we will see no churn since en-US will be correct.

Any churn that we might see would only be where en-US MPL2 header is not 100% the same as the one in your patch.  But that is just cosmetic, the header will be whatever is in en-US.

I didn't realise you couldn't commit this.  So I'll land it.
Fixed in changeset 8398727b8091
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.