Closed Bug 793450 Opened 7 years ago Closed 7 years ago

RadioInterfaceLayer broken after commit of bug 787420

Categories

(Firefox OS Graveyard :: GonkIntegration, defect, blocker)

ARM
Gonk (Firefox OS)
defect
Not set
blocker

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED FIXED

People

(Reporter: gerard-majax, Assigned: philikon)

References

Details

Attachments

(1 file)

Attached patch Fixing the errorSplinter Review
E/GeckoConsole(   76): [JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Could not convert JavaScript argument arg 2 [nsISettingsServiceLock.set]"  nsresult: "0x80570009 (NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS)"  location: "JS frame :: jar:file:///system/b2g/omni.ja!/components/RadioInterfaceLayer.js :: setPreferredNetworkType :: line 658"  data: no]" {file: "jar:file:///system/b2g/omni.ja!/components/RadioInterfaceLayer.js" line: 658}]
Attachment #663767 - Flags: review?(philipp)
Comment on attachment 663767 [details] [diff] [review]
Fixing the error

landitlanditlandit

Thanks!
Attachment #663767 - Flags: review?(philipp) → review+
Sigh, does *nobody* test their code anymore?
Blocks: 787420
Backed out because we decided to back out bug 787420 altogether:

https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/mozilla-inbound/rev/3abe394b6110

Nevertheless, thanks for the patch, Alexandre!
Resolving this bug. We should fold this fix into the new iteration of bug 787420.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 7 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/5dc812bc69dc

Please don't resolve bugs that haven't landed on m-c yet.
Assignee: nobody → philipp
(In reply to Ryan VanderMeulen from comment #6)
> Please don't resolve bugs that haven't landed on m-c yet.

Yup, normally I wouldn't, but this was a follow up fix for a bug that was backed out. So yeah. :)
(In reply to Philipp von Weitershausen [:philikon] from comment #2)
> Sigh, does *nobody* test their code anymore?

I apologize for the troubles made. There is always a good reason for one
more test case, and here is another.

But I did test the patch in my own way, and that's why I attached a
"Gaia debug patch" on bug 787420. I verified switching settings in
between the three options and rebooting with each of them. All have
expected results and then I submitted review requests to you. We can't
have marionette test cases for this for now. The reason was already
given in the comments. In fact, I did try to write one before submitting
review requests, had a brief study on several release versions of
Android RIL/QEmu code and the effort to cherry-pick related parts, and
found that we just can't achieve it right now.

Yes, I missed one more thing, to verify without Gaia patch. Some
colleagues and I agreed that we should assume the Gaia doesn't always
behave as Gecko might expect the day before. We should not make any
assumption on the existence of something, the sequence of events, or
the format of, and the relationship between settings values, etc. from Gaia.
Still I didn't verify the Gecko patch alone without Gaia part. I guess I
have to etch it in the wall.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.