Created attachment 669916 [details] Data Manager FB permissions User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/19.0 Firefox/19.0 SeaMonkey/2.16a1 Build ID: 20121009003041 Steps to reproduce: Set cookie permission prefs to "Allow all cookies" and "Ask Every Time", unchecked "except for session cookies" Go to facebook, where you've visited just about every day for the past couple years. Long ago permissions were set to accept FB cookies. Actual results: The "Confirm setting cookie" dialog pops up for domain ".facebook.com" unexpectedly, and more than once. Well, OK, check the "Use my choice for all cookies" box and Allow on each dialog. Go to Data Manager and confirm that "www.facebook.com" is in the permissions list, with Allow. Shut down the browser, start it back up and return to FB. The "confirm" dialogs pop up again and "www.facebook.com" no longer shows in Data Manager permissions. Expected results: It should remember what I told it to do the first time. ;) Cookie permissions are not being remembered for a whole slew of web sites, even after removing all cookies for a domain, resetting permission levels, shutting down the browser and restarting. It makes for a seriously degraded browsing experience with the constant cookie pop-ups.
Can't seem to duplicate. Aurora & Nightly. New Profile. Set cookie permissions per above. Visit facebook.com. Allow /www/.facebook.com, setting, "my choice for all cookies for this site". Data Manager shows: domain; facebook.com, permissions; www.facebook.com Allow. Quit & restart. On restart (the Session Restored) www.facebook.com page reloads with no cookie prompt. Data Manager still shows facebook.com & the permissions I have set. Navigate a bit through facebook & at some point I'm prompted to allow a cookie for /pixel/.facebook.com. Permissions now shows www.facebook.com & pixel.facebook.com Quit & restart. I see the same. Click on 'Pokes'. I'm prompted to set a cookie for /apps/.facebook.com. All looks to be working for me. As a test, create a new, clean Profile & see if you are able to duplicate the issue.
I removed permissions.sqlite and that seems to have cleared it. Gotta start all over now <sigh>
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 5 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.