I tried adding gmail and after a few moments it just says "An unknown error occurred" and gives me an option to do manual setup. I tried that too and it does the same thing.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 796586
Bug 796586 is a calendar bug, not an email bug. And I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct username/password.
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: DUPLICATE → ---
Do you have an adb logcat I could look at?
I'm not going to be able to test this until bug 804321 is solved
I'm seeing the same error trying to add my mozilla email. I will try again and attach an adb logcat.
And of course the next time I try, it works just fine. Sorry!
(In reply to Nick Hurley [:hurley] from comment #6) > And of course the next time I try, it works just fine. Sorry! Chances are you're just seeing temporary network troubles. If you do run into this and can get a log, that would still be useful, because we might be able to intelligently recover and make things work anyway.
Dave, can you still reproduce this today? Minus'ing this for now, and please re-nom if this still happens. Thanks.
blocking-basecamp: + → ---
Created attachment 676290 [details] log Yes this still happens, attached is the log after entering the account details.
The log tells me you are not using @gmail.com or @googlemail.com (since it's trying an MX lookup). What is the domain you're trying with?
My own domain, oxymoronical.com, which uses google apps
Ok, I think I have a fix for this, but since I don't have access to a Google Apps domain, I can't test it personally. If you like, I can post a patch for you to test out.
I believe I'm not meant to flash new builds to this dogfooding phone (if I even knew how to build or flash it!) If you like I can create you a test account in my apps domain for you to test with.
(In reply to Dave Townsend (:Mossop) from comment #13) > If you like I can create you a test account in my apps domain for you to > test with. That'll work. You can email me with the auth details at my bugmail account or my @mozilla.com address, which is my first initial + my last name.
Ok, I got this working. The GELAM PR is here: <https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia-email-libs-and-more/pull/71>. Once that's done, I'll issue a PR against Gaia proper.
Fixed in PR https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/6067
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 6 years ago → 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
I don't get this error anymore but I get now "Invalid username or password". I have filed bug 809728. Stable build: 11-06
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.