IT has set up a new ES cluster with the latest version of Elastic Search. We believe there are some backwards incompatible changes that we have to deal with. This bug is about figuring out what they are and how to deal with them (file new bugs).
I am going to give ES latest a spin today.
I look forward to your conclusions.... Hopefully there aren't any issues or the issues are in ElasticUtils and not in pyes.
Here is what I found: ES v0.19.8 I've been using this version for local dev for a while and it works great for us. ES v0.19.9 Running tests result in a bunch of: IndexMissingException: [_all] missing ES v0.19.10 All tests pass. ES v0.19.11 All tests pass. I also did a full reindex and everything looks good. IT wants to put us on v0.19.11 and has a dev cluster ready for us. So I think we can proceed and try it out.
I am going to close this out. No followup bugs need to be filed at this point \o/
Thank you so much for doing this! I'll add an issue to the elasticutils github issue tracker about checking whether it works with 0.19.9 and documenting issues.