Regression: default charset list stopped working

VERIFIED FIXED in mozilla0.9.1

Status

()

P1
critical
VERIFIED FIXED
18 years ago
18 years ago

People

(Reporter: mozilla-bugs, Assigned: tetsuroy)

Tracking

({intl, regression})

Trunk
mozilla0.9.1
intl, regression
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Whiteboard: Ready for check-in. Waiting for commercial tree opening.)

Attachments

(1 attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

18 years ago
No matter what I do, the "Folder character config" always stays on "ISO-8859-1".
Sometimes the dropdown menu there would have other choices (although not the
KOI8-R I want) such as "User Defined" or "UTF-7" but clicking on them does not
do anything - it would still say "ISO-8859-1". Because of this, I can not get
Mozilla to show the subjects of non-mime messages using the KOI8-R font.

I am currently running Build 20010518 on RedHat Linux 7.2. This used to work
fine in 0.9.

My preferences look as follows:

user_pref("intl.accept_charsets", "koi8-r;q=1.0;iso-8859-1;q=0.1,utf-8;q=0.1");
user_pref("intl.accept_languages", "ru, en");
user_pref("intl.charset.detector", "ruprob");
user_pref("intl.charsetmenu.browser.cache", "KOI8-R, ISO-8859-15, UTF-8,
ISO-8859-5, windows-1252");
user_pref("intl.charsetmenu.browser.static", "ISO-8859-1, KOI8-R, windows-1251,
IBM866, UTF-7, UTF-8");
user_pref("intl.charsetmenu.mailview.cache", "KOI8-R, us-ascii");
user_pref("intl.font_charset", "UTF-8");
user_pref("intl.font_spec_list", "...");
(Reporter)

Updated

18 years ago
Keywords: regression

Comment 1

18 years ago
seeing this on Win2K 2001051820 as well.
Keywords: intl
OS: Linux → All

Comment 2

18 years ago
Same problem with global default.
Nominating for nsbeta1. 
It makes charset override totally unusable.
Keywords: nsbeta1
Hardware: PC → All

Updated

18 years ago
Severity: normal → critical
Priority: -- → P1

Comment 3

18 years ago
Same problem with the default charset list on  Browser's Edit | Preference | 
Navigator | Languages window. Changed the component to browser.

Updated

18 years ago
Product: MailNews → Browser

Comment 4

18 years ago
Modified the summary accordingly.
Summary: Regression: "Folder character config" stopped working. → Regression: default charset list stopped working.

Comment 5

18 years ago
This problem starts to happen from 2001-05-17-21-mtrunk build. The last good 
build is 2001-05-17-08-mtrunk.

Comment 7

18 years ago
Same problem on [Composer] View | Character Coding | <default charset missing>
accepting, researching the regression
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
OK, so it really seem like it was the change to nsCharsetMenu.cpp, I'm working 
with Roy on the fix - ETA is this afternoon.

Comment 11

18 years ago
Jbetak - Pls mark as M0.9.1. Plusing this one.
Keywords: nsbeta1 → nsbeta1+
Summary: Regression: default charset list stopped working. → Regression: default charset list stopped working
marking 0.9.1 per Jaime's comment
Target Milestone: --- → mozilla0.9.1
*** Bug 81839 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
reassigning to Roy...
Assignee: jbetak → yokoyama
Status: ASSIGNED → NEW
No longer blocks: 81839
(Assignee)

Comment 15

18 years ago
I will post a fix in a minute.
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
(Assignee)

Comment 16

18 years ago
Created attachment 35503 [details] [diff] [review]
cloning decoder/encode lists
(Assignee)

Comment 17

18 years ago
brief description:  
It was removing items from nsCOMPtr<nsISupportsArray> mDecoderList for
each application (such as Browser, Composer, etc)  I made so that
the each app::Init() has its own Clone of decoder list.

ftang: can you /r = ? 

Comment 18

18 years ago
r=ftang
(Assignee)

Comment 19

18 years ago
brendan: can you /sr=?
Whiteboard: waiting for /sr=

Updated

18 years ago
Blocks: 81815
sr=scc
(Assignee)

Updated

18 years ago
Whiteboard: waiting for /sr= → Ready for check-in. Waiting for commercial tree opening.

Comment 21

18 years ago
*** Bug 81815 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
(Assignee)

Comment 22

18 years ago
checked-in
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 18 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED

Comment 23

18 years ago
*** Bug 82263 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Sorry, my laptop (my lifeline) was dying (bad SIMM) and I didn't get to sr= this
in time -- thanks to others for covering.

/be

Comment 25

18 years ago
Verified with 05/23 trunk builds on all the three platforms. 
It's fixed. The default charset list now contains 67 items as before.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.