Javascript drop down menus don't work

RESOLVED FIXED

Status

()

Core
DOM: Core & HTML
RESOLVED FIXED
17 years ago
17 years ago

People

(Reporter: Philip Hagen, Assigned: jst)

Tracking

({regression})

Trunk
x86
Windows 2000
regression
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

17 years ago
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:0.9+) Gecko/20010522
BuildID:    2001052204

The javascript drop down menus that should appear when you cursor the mouse over
the tabs such as "Home", "ChipGeek", "PDAGeek", etc., don't work.  This is
somewhat related to bug 73331, in that cursoring the mouse over these tabs used
to crash Mozilla before the DOM rewrite landed in early May.

Reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Cursor the mouse over the tabs such as "Home", "ChipGeek", "PDAGeek", etc. on
the www.geek.com web site.

Actual Results:  Nothing happens, which is the problem.  A drop down menu is
supposed to appear.

Expected Results:  A drop down menu should appear.

Comment 1

17 years ago
Bad detection of browser
-> Evangelism
Assignee: jst → bclary
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Component: DOM Content Models → Evangelism
Ever confirmed: true
QA Contact: lchiang → zach
(Reporter)

Comment 2

17 years ago
Why is this just evangelism ("bad detection of browser") and not a bug when
these menus used to work with recent Mozilla builds, such as 2001050904?  Since
it suddenly stopped working in Mozilla in just the past two weeks, that would
seem to be a bug introduced by a recent change.

Comment 3

17 years ago
My bad.
You're right.
It works with 0.8.1 and 0.9
Reverting component to your choice
Assignee: bclary → jst
Component: Evangelism → DOM Content Models
Keywords: regression
QA Contact: zach → lchiang

Comment 4

17 years ago
I noticed a similar bug with the recent nightlies at http://www.hib.no After
some testing I narrowed it down to documents using Macromedia Dreamweaver's
show-hide layers function which also contain a form element somewhere in the
document. 

I checked the source for http://www.geek.com and it seems to use the same
Dreamweaver function. I downloaded the source, removed all the form tags, and
the menus started working again.

I created some simple testcases at http://www.lama.no/mozilla/bug82203test.html
to show what is happening.
 
BTW this is on win98 (OS=All?) with nightly builds from the last couple of days.
Worked fine on 0.9.

Updated

17 years ago
Component: DOM Content Models → DOM Level 0
QA Contact: lchiang → desale

Comment 5

17 years ago
Thanks a lot for the testcases, Lasse!
This is probably not an XPCDOM regression since Philip reports it was working in
build 20010509 which is after the XPCDOM landing.
I have no idea what broke this. :( Sending to DOM Level 0 anyway.

Comment 6

17 years ago
This bug seems to be fixed now. Worksforme on 2001060104 on WinMe. 
(Reporter)

Comment 7

17 years ago
Yes, this works for me as well now on Windows 2000 (build 2001053004).  I
believe that this bug was fixed along with the fix that was checked in for bug
73331 on May 30.
(Assignee)

Comment 8

17 years ago
Yup, the fix for bug 73331 fixed this one as well. 
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 17 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.