User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0 Build ID: 20121128204232 Steps to reproduce: Whenever I open a new tab at this Compter (Win7 Starter) this bub appears. To exclude problems with Pug-Ins, I started with disabled Plug-Ins, but the Error does not disappear. Actual results: A white new Tab opens. The Error console first throws the message: No chrome package registered for chrome://unitedtb/content/newtab/newtab-page.xhtml Then it throws the Error: Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIWebNavigation.loadURI]" nsresult: "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/bindings/browser.xml :: loadURIWithFlags :: line 156" data: no] Source File: chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml Line: 1361 Expected results: A new Tab should open with 9 small frames for the 9 most visited pages or pages which are "pinned" there. I pinned a few pages there some versions of Firefox ago. To my knowledge this New-Tab page is now part of a normal Firefox installation and I can not remember fiddling arround with this functionality. The feature still works at my other computers with Windows 7 Professional. I can not tell why it does not work (anymore) and have no idea how to fix it.
Please try it with Firefox:help/restart with addons disabled What happens if you enter about:newtab in Firefox as URL ?
Hi Matti As for the first point, I already did this (thats what I meant with "started with disabled Plug-Ins") and the result is the same as without disabled plugins. When I enter "about:newtab" the usual window with the 9 fields appears. Thanks. I found the reason for the error. A Plug-In to be found at: https://produkte.web.de/mailcheck/logik/mailcheck-firefox When installing this Plug-In, it replaces the new-tab by own new-tab which is just a web-search, 4 recommended site links and in the middle the usual 9 fields. When disabling this Add-On, the New-Tab window then throws this error. When removing this Add-On while it is disabled, this error is persistent. And that was my problem. When removing this Add-On while it is not disabled, this error does not appear and the installing and removing procedure fill fix this problem. I can now reproduce the bug with the steps just mentioned: Install this Plug-In, deactivate this Plug-In and de-install then this Plug-In.
Plugins are Flash, Java, quicktime.The name confusing is the reason why I wanted to be sure that you tried it with disabled extensions. The extensions seems to change the option browser.newtab.url . You can manually correct it via about:config , the default value is about:newtab I guess that it does some cleanup if you deinstall it but this cleanup can not be performed if it's already disabled.