Closed Bug 823637 Opened 9 years ago Closed 9 years ago
Move the treestatus repo from a user github account to the mozilla organisation account
* Increases discoverability over a user repo on github * All of the other sheriffing tools are on hg.m.o * I'm actually likely to work on TreeStatus if it isn't on Github / using git.
Since this bug was filed, the TBPL replacement project has been started on Github (and more and more Mozilla projects are moving in that direction). As such, I think we should just accept defeat, leave treestatus on Github, and instead morph this bug into "change the treestatus owner to the Github mozilla organisation account to increase visibility". POA: 1) Switch the owner to the mozilla organisation 2) Give the mozilla/automation team access to the repo (or else manually assign me/a few others) 3) File bugs for IT to update their staging/push to production scripts. Catlee, sound ok? :-)
Summary: Move treestatus from github to https://hg.mozilla.org/webtools/treestatus → Reassign the Github treestatus repo from a user github account to the mozilla organisation account
Sounds great! Let me know when I should transfer ownership of the repo.
Perhaps now? The various IT scripts are only run on request, so it's not like the tbpl migration where we'll break a cron or something :-)
I think there are scripts that update treestatus-dev.allizom.org from the current github repo
Chicken and egg problem then; suspect won't hurt for the cron to break for a bit, can get them to switch after maybe?
For posterity: * Catlee changed the owner to 'mozilla' * I requested someone in the mozilla github 'owners' team (mcote) assign the treestatus repo to the teams 'releng' and 'automation', so that catlee & myself have access (it's apparently not possible to assign individuals). * Bug 851050 has updated all the IT scripts. * I've changed the footer page links to source to the new location (https://github.com/mozilla/treestatus/commit/00f5ddb0ff82d322efe9a4f4be4d9c1b0ae32365) [will need push to production]. * I've added a 'file a bug' link to README, pointing at the bugzilla component (https://github.com/mozilla/treestatus/commit/8b36ccf240e57f2544fda7b6f0d1534f022664bd). * I've checked all open issues had been migrated to bugzilla, then switched off the Github issues tracker (and also wiki pages). The only thing that is left to do (I've only just noticed there is a another repo for libs), is to reassign treestatus-lib too. Catlee, I'm presuming after reassigning treestatus-lib all we'll need to do (other than permissions) is modify the root .gitmodules file for the main treestatus repo?
Assignee: nobody → emorley
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Summary: Reassign the Github treestatus repo from a user github account to the mozilla organisation account → Move the treestatus repo from a user github account to the mozilla organisation account
Ok, I transferred treestatus-lib to mozilla, and updated .gitmodules in treestatus to point to it.
Looks good, thank you. Final thing to do is to get someone with github admin to assign permissions to lib too. I'll do that now.
AutomatedTester did so - all done here now :-)
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 9 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
(In reply to Ed Morley [:edmorley UTC+1] from comment #6) > * I've changed the footer page links to source to the new location > (https://github.com/mozilla/treestatus/commit/ > 00f5ddb0ff82d322efe9a4f4be4d9c1b0ae32365) [will need push to production]. In production.
Product: Tree Management → Release Engineering
Component: Applications: TreeStatus → General
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.