Closed Bug 829738 Opened 7 years ago Closed 7 years ago

no win64 updates since 01.09

Categories

(Core :: Layout, defect)

x86_64
Windows 8
defect
Not set

Tracking

()

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 830676

People

(Reporter: speciesx, Unassigned)

References

Details

(Keywords: helpwanted)

no win64 updates since 01.09
Component: General → Release Engineering
Product: Core → mozilla.org
Version: Trunk → other
no win64 updates of what? URL welcome too.
(In reply to Andre Klapper from comment #1)
> no win64 updates of what? URL welcome too.

Firefox nightly win64.
It is a code error causing said failure, and Win64 is explicitly a non blocking platform now per https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.apps.firefox/DOihL2429NM

The first failed log is at https://tbpl.mozilla.org/php/getParsedLog.php?id=18669831&tree=Firefox#error2

Specifically:

   Creating library xul.lib and object xul.exp
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
Generating code
5768 of 249766 (  2.31%) profiled functions will be compiled for speed
e:\builds\moz2_slave\m-cen-w64-ntly\build\layout\base\nsprescontext.cpp(1645) : fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
(compiler file 'f:\dd\vctools\compiler\utc\src\p2\main.c[0x74D5A689:0x00B1EC70]', line 183)
 To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++ 
 Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information

LINK : fatal error LNK1000: Internal error during IMAGE::BuildImage
Component: Release Engineering → Layout
Product: mozilla.org → Core
Version: other → Trunk
Ah, lovely compiler crashes.

Someone who cares should try to figure out how to work around this compiler bug...
Keywords: helpwanted
What's the regression range between the last build that compiled and the first that didn't?
Last compiled build cset: 0faa1d47ea80 and first broken build cset: f60b87eed1ac
Duplicate of this bug: 830105
(In reply to SpeciesX from comment #6)
> Last compiled build cset: 0faa1d47ea80 and first broken build cset:
> f60b87eed1ac

That gives a regression range of:
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/pushloghtml?fromchange=0faa1d47ea80&tochange=f60b87eed1ac

(Though I'm actually a little suspicious of https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/0faa1d47ea80 even though you said it's the last one that compiled.)
(In reply to David Baron [:dbaron] from comment #8)
> (Though I'm actually a little suspicious of
> https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/0faa1d47ea80 even though you said
> it's the last one that compiled.)

It did clearly compile, though.

I'd also note that the opt builds are still compiling:
https://tbpl.mozilla.org/?jobname=WINNT%206.1%20x86-64%20mozilla-central%20build&noignore=1

it's just the pgo builds that aren't:
https://tbpl.mozilla.org/?jobname=WINNT%206.1%20x86-64%20mozilla-central%20pgo-build&noignore=1
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
(In reply to Justin Wood (:Callek) from comment #3)
> It is a code error causing said failure, and Win64 is explicitly a non
> blocking platform now per
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.apps.firefox/DOihL2429NM
> 
> The first failed log is at
> https://tbpl.mozilla.org/php/getParsedLog.php?id=18669831&tree=Firefox#error2
> 
> Specifically:
> 
>    Creating library xul.lib and object xul.exp
> LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other
> libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
> Generating code
> 5768 of 249766 (  2.31%) profiled functions will be compiled for speed
> e:\builds\moz2_slave\m-cen-w64-ntly\build\layout\base\nsprescontext.
> cpp(1645) : fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the
> compiler.
> (compiler file
> 'f:\dd\vctools\compiler\utc\src\p2\main.c[0x74D5A689:0x00B1EC70]', line 183)
>  To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near
> the locations listed above.
> Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++ 
>  Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
> 
> LINK : fatal error LNK1000: Internal error during IMAGE::BuildImage

Does this discussion on "warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs"[1] is useful on resolving this to anyone more versed on Visual Studio?

1 http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vclanguage/thread/b1cf8b8e-7904-4d30-b472-4470e2ce8f86/
I don't really know what fixed it but Nightly just got updated to Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20130125 Firefox/21.0 ID:20130125031018

I'll WFM this bug if there are in fact more updates on the next days if no one objects.
(In reply to alex_mayorga from comment #11)
> I don't really know what fixed it but Nightly just got updated to
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20130125
> Firefox/21.0 ID:20130125031018
> 
> I'll WFM this bug if there are in fact more updates on the next days if no
> one objects.

Bug 830676 was fixed.
Previously the patch of bug 831884 broke win64 builds.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 7 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 830676
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.